Please help, Frsky D4R-ii not binding to T9X with DJT RF Module

AdmiralDV

Hi All
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
I've got a problem, I'm not getting the TX to bind to the RX, I'm doing all according to instruction.
Holding the bind button on the module, while switching the TX on, while both dip switches are down, the getting beeping.

Then I have to hold the F/S button on the TX while connecting to power, witch I did, then Both LED's on RX go solid and stay there... not binding... Have tried with and with out the jumper on the RX. And at various distances from each other.

The TX says FM-PPM, and in settings I have also set it to PPM as in the instructions.

I'm I doing something wrong? Or are the RX not compatible with the TX?

Derik

RX with LED's on
20151030_153016.jpg

The TX in question (Excuse the dirtiness)
20151030_161746.jpg

The Module, with both dip switches down & bind button to the bottom right of dip switches.
20151030_161807.jpg

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Ok, I have a DJT module in my Tx as well and have encountered problems binding this same Rx. Problem was that my ESC was new and I had not done a throttle calibration. Not sure why it does this but there you go. Not sure if this is your case as well but just throwing out my $0.02.

AdmiralDV

Don't think so, I'm working with a power distribution board that is giving me 5V to my Naze32, and then from there going to the Rx, so there is power and have also tried from a 5v Battery, so there is power to the Rx. but it just doesn't want to bind.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times

pressalltheknobs

I also found this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2218482

which says

On that back of your DJT, look at the dip switches.

Switch 1 should be in the OFF position (ON position used for firmware upgrades)
Switch 2 should be in the OFF position (ON position used for V series receivers)

Once both switches are in the OFF position, proceed with the bind procedure with the module and the D4R-II

The DJT manual is here http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/view.php?sort=&down=128&file=Protocol-Telemetry
The D4R-II manual is here http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/view.php?sort=Manual&down=99&file=Manual-D4R-II

Last edited:

Halcyon2k6

Hello,
I am having the same issue. I have followed both the manuals with the dip switches to off for the DJT and the jumper across channel 3 and channel 4 with no luck. Has anyone found a fix for this?

pressalltheknobs

Hello,
I am having the same issue. I have followed both the manuals with the dip switches to off for the DJT and the jumper across channel 3 and channel 4 with no luck. Has anyone found a fix for this?

On the D4R-II, the jumper has nothing to do with binding. It it just sets CPPM mode. It should not affect binding but you can try it without the jumper.

What TX are you using? Is this a new system? Do you have any other RXs and does it bind to them? Possibly the DJT is not seated correctly. Take it out and make sure you didn't bend any pins. It's easy to do. Also I read somewhere that with modules sometimes the pins don't fit quite right for some TXs and have to be bent very slightly to one side so they make good contact. I don't remember the details and this may not apply to your TX or this module. But if you are sure you are following the bind instructions then it might be worth a try.

Halcyon2k6

On the D4R-II, the jumper has nothing to do with binding. It it just sets CPPM mode. It should not affect binding but you can try it without the jumper.

What TX are you using? Is this a new system? Do you have any other RXs and does it bind to them? Possibly the DJT is not seated correctly. Take it out and make sure you didn't bend any pins. It's easy to do. Also I read somewhere that with modules sometimes the pins don't fit quite right for some TXs and have to be bent very slightly to one side so they make good contact. I don't remember the details and this may not apply to your TX or this module. But if you are sure you are following the bind instructions then it might be worth a try.

My tx is a Turnigy 9xr Pro. It is a new system. I have a d8r-ii which I had no issues binding. I will try reseating the DJT hopefully that will fix the problem. I am also in the process of updating my tx firmware to see if that will help at all. Thank You for all the help.

Halcyon2k6

Update... after reseating everything and trying a different Naze board the receiver finally binded. The weird thing there was no confirmation on the receiver it did this but it bound to my transmitter now.

Wiring?

Not sure if us just made a mistake with the picture but your plug in the d4r is wired wrong. If black is negative (-) and red is positive (+) white should be signal (-^-). You won't get anything the way you have it.

pressalltheknobs

It's a good point but actually I think that outer black wire is just shadow. The three inner wires are in the correct order...
In any case the OP either solved his issue or moved on, since that was from about a year ago in 2015