Please review the Dream-Flight Libelle DLG

SuperFrodo

I've been searching for a discus launch glider and so far the best I came up with is the Versus from Hobby King. However there are two problems that I have with it.

One: It requires a certain amount of care and precision during the build, since it goes together with resin, glass and carbon cloth, and some sanding and cutting. So building it right will not be guaranteed.

Two: It costs $200. Yes it's a composite DLG, but that doesn't mean I'm entirely comfortable with it. I'm money conscious because I don't have that much of it, and every dollar saved is good. If the model came pre-assembled or bolt together, then it would be a different story.

So when I was looking at a YouTube video of the Versus DLG, I noticed a review for another DLG in the suggested collumn called the "Libelle". I decided to click on it out of curiosity and was treated to an RCModelReview of a small foam and carbon DLG that had 4 channels and seemed to perform just as well as the Versus. So I navigated to a webpage for the Dream-Flight Libelle and was surprised to find that this model costed $120 and came with everything except a TX/RX and servos. Not only that, but it was bolt together, uncoloured (also known as a blank canvas), and had replacement parts available such as wings, tail feathers, fusulage, even some extras like weights.

Since then I've watched several videos on YouTube featuring the Libelle and I've been blown away. It's a fully functioning DLG that is perfect for those who want a crack at gliders, but don't want to commit to an expensive composite scalpel that looks fragile enough to fall apart at the slightest touch. Not only that, but I realised that Dream-Flight also made the Alula, a two channel forward-swepped glider wing that Flite Test has already reviewed.

So basically I really want to see the Libelle get some show time. I really think it is a model worthy of more attention, and the people who made it deserve to be recognised. I also just want to see more videos of it performing. There aren't that many on YouTube as it stands. I also know that Bixler can handle it, and show what the model is capable of.

Here's a link to the wedsite page: http://dream-flight.com/products/libelle-dlg
And here's my favourite video of the Libelle on YouTube: