Please review the parts in my cart? Beginner needs help.

TheHuevos

Super Newb
I posted the other day in hopes to get help in making my first RC parts purchase. I've got my cart full of goodies, but I would love to have someone look it over to make sure it will all work together, and to tell me if I need any extra adapters/connectors. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Keeping in mind I will be starting with the Flite Test swappable power pod in hopes to power their basic/intermediate plans.

Motor: Turnigy D2822/14 Brushless Outrunner 1450kv

ESC: Hobby King 20A ESC 3A UBEC

1. Will this ESC work smoothly with this motor?
2. Does this ESC have bullet connectors that work with the motor I linked? I can't find it in the manual or pictures.

Battery: ZIPPY Flightmax 1000mAh 3S1P 25C

3. Will this battery work smoothly with the motor/ESC?
4 . The battery has a 2 Pin Mini JST Plug, will this work with my ESC? Do I need a special connector to work with the ESC I linked above?

Charger: Turnigy MAX80W 7A Lithium Polymer Battery Charger

Power Supply: Hobbyking™ 105W 15V/7A Switching DC Power Supply

5. Will this charger and power supply work together?
6. Will this charger work properly with the batteries I listed?
7. Will I need to buy a special connector to charge my 2 pin mini JST plug batteries with this charger?

Thanks for your responses, I wish I had someone in my area that I knew who could help me through this process. I've watched the beginner series over and over again, attempting to learn about the electronics and how they work together. I have gotten this far, but need some expert help from the wonderful community.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
any battery can work with an esc as long as the esc is rated for the size battery....... Now it comes down to what plug is on the esc. You might have to change either of the plugs if they do not match. Battery connection is strictly personal preference. Also I do not see any props in your order. Also for chargers do not use a multi connection cord to charge with. They have open connections that could come in contact with each other and short out.

quorneng

Master member
Most ESC do not have connectors except for the throttle.
For safety batteries do, Hobby King have standardised on ST60 for the bigger LiPO and JST for the smaller ones. The balance plugs are the same.
You have to buy and solder on suitable connectors for the ESC to battery and ESC to motor.

In this respect the battery you have selected is a bit on the small side for that motor which can draw up to 16A at full power which is a rather high for its small JST connector. If you chose say a 1300mAh battery from Hobby King it would have the larger ST60 connector.
Whether the JST connector is too small rather depends on the type of plane you are going to put the bits in!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
The ESC will not have bullet connectors so you'll have to solder some 3.5mm bullet connectors on it. I have that motor and I know for a fact it's 3.5mm bullets on it.

I also have a 20amp ESC paired with that motor and I have an 8x4 prop on it. I have yet to use the motor. But I have a feeling that I'm going to over heat something with the 3 cell battery I plan on using. :eek: