• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PLEASE Review the Zephyr V-70

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
It'd be nice to see FT do the Lancaster too... But I think this season is all about scratch builds :(

I'm getting the feel that FT has fallen from HK's priority a bit over the last few months.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I'm pretty sure Chad has them working to our seasons . . . Its winter here in Australia so from my point of view they have it right lol

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Haha, winter's usually good for flying here in Canberra. Calm, sunny days, if on the cold side.

I do think the Zephyr would be a really good plane for FT to do, as it's innovative and spunky.

jd7792

It'd be nice to see FT do the Lancaster too... But I think this season is all about scratch builds :(

I'm getting the feel that FT has fallen from HK's priority a bit over the last few months.
I'd love to see a review of the Lancaster... One of my uncles worked on keeping these beasts in the air during WWII. As a result he has never flown in any type of machine. He once told me that the only thing keeping them in the air half the time was a few crossed fingers and some well worded prayers. He said that they would come back with gapping holes and panels swinging in the breeze!

I'd love to see a review of the Lancaster... One of my uncles worked on keeping these beasts in the air during WWII. As a result he has never flown in any type of machine. He once told me that the only thing keeping them in the air half the time was a few crossed fingers and some well worded prayers. He said that they would come back with gapping holes and panels swinging in the breeze!
My grandfather was the pilot of a Lancaster in WWII, 'S for Sugar' was the name of the plane. Could be a chance your uncle worked on his plane. My grandfather was Laurie Baker and passed away 5 years ago. From what I understand the 'S for Sugar' is one of only 2 surviving Lancaster from WWII and is in a museum in the UK somewhere.

I'd like to get my hands on one too just because of the family history with the plane.

Haha, winter's usually good for flying here in Canberra. Calm, sunny days, if on the cold side.

I do think the Zephyr would be a really good plane for FT to do, as it's innovative and spunky.
Heh - last time I was in Canberra (a couple of weeks ago) it was raining and foggy and just shy of far too cold. It felt like I was back in London again!

I would love to see a good impartial review of this as well - it's a pretty cool looking beastie.