Polikarpov I-15 (Compatible with FT PowerPod!)

Javiester

Elite member
at least here in Madrid they already let us move around the province although with the hours by age group in force
So early Saturday I will release three new planes from the confinement
although at 10:00 pick up and home

Parramon

Its a plastic looking like foamboard.;)
1590513563572.jpg

MarioGdV

I tried to fly it today. The place where I usually fly is closed, so I had to fly elsewhere. Unfortunately, it didn't take off :(. One of the wheels got stuck and I broke the propeller. I'll try to fly it again this Saturday (tomorrow is a bit more windy), and I think I'll replace the wheels for a bigger ones. This new place has too much gravel.

Parramon

I tried to fly it today. The place where I usually fly is closed, so I had to fly elsewhere. Unfortunately, it didn't take off :(. One of the wheels got stuck and I broke the propeller. I'll try to fly it again this Saturday (tomorrow is a bit more windy), and I think I'll replace the wheels for a bigger ones. This new place has too much gravel.

Don't be discouraged Mario.
It is very difficult that everything goes well on the first attempt.
You just broke the propeller.
But I'm sure you will.:)

MarioGdV

It flew! Sadly it didn't land, but it's really easy to fix. The wings aren't damaged, just the engine cowl. All I have to do is glue it again. The plane had too much power with a 3S battery, but I think I couldn't fly it properly because of the rudder. I think I'll fly it again soon.
Good news is that the plane isn't as heavy as I thought, so I can put more reinforcements on it in the second version. I'll work on the final plans after the next flight.

IMG_20200613_102230.jpg

Parramon

It flew! Sadly it didn't land, but it's really easy to fix. The wings aren't damaged, just the engine cowl. All I have to do is glue it again. The plane had too much power with a 3S battery, but I think I couldn't fly it properly because of the rudder. I think I'll fly it again soon.
Good news is that the plane isn't as heavy as I thought, so I can put more reinforcements on it in the second version. I'll work on the final plans after the next flight.

View attachment 171801

Hi Mario,
Congratulations for the fly of your plane!!.
For calculating a correct engine for your plane select a engine with a thrust bigger than the mid of plane weight . In Spain the people say "Burro grande ande o no ande".
Also it´is recommended a low Kw, 1100 more less.
Good luck in the next fly.

Last edited: