Poll: What FT plane do you want speed tested?

What FT plane should I test next?

• FT Edge

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • FT Spitfire

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • FT Simple Cub

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • FT Bloody Wonder with C-Pack Motor

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • FT Versa Wing

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Innaviation

So recently I purchased a GPS tracker to see how fast FT planes fly. So far I have tested the Bloody Wonder at over 60MPH!
What FT plane should I test next?

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
Im with merv on this , I have a few versa's, I havent flown an arrow but there is a member already pushing the limits of the arrow and it looks like the FT Foam Board airframe to work out your need for speed issues :)

Innaviation

I don't have the right motor for a Arrow :confused: but I would be willing to build a Versa Wing.

I'll add it to the poll

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I know that Josh got the Versa wing going insanely fast on just the C-pack, and on the Propdrive motor it was almost as fast as David's Spitfire in the speed challenge episode.

Innaviation

Looks like the FT Spitfire is winning so far... for anyone that wants to see the Versa wing speed tested be sure to vote on the poll

Innaviation

Well, seems today has brought on a tie between the FT Spitfire and the FT versa

I guess this has turned into the final dual of speed between the Spitfire and Versa

Innaviation

Just realized the Versa wing has a forward and backward facing prop. If it wins the poll would you rather see a forward facing or backward facing prop.

I assume the backward facing is faster but I may be wrong

danskis

Master member
Pusher or puller is a good question on the Versa. I'm gonna say the opposite and say with the same motor the puller is faster because the prop is in clean air. At some speed the drag from the fuselage will be a bigger factor and as one pilot mentioned drag is exponential with velocity. I believe pushers have gotten popular because they look great and its easy to put all the fpv stuff up front. Although its not what you wanted to do I'd like to see both the pusher and puller Versa tested to see which is really faster.

Innaviation

Interesting, well if the Versa wing wins I will try to do pusher and puller

I might end up going through a whole bunch of FT planes to speed test... would you be interested in a FT plane speed testing thread?

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
if you make the versa a pusher then you have CG issues. remember it was designed to have a big camera on the front. if you go tractor this solves that problem and you can keep weight down.

just saying,

me :cool:

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I think the edge will be the best. You can put a high speed prop and a high kv motor on it and it'll rip!

Innaviation

Pusher or puller is a good question on the Versa. I'm gonna say the opposite and say with the same motor the puller is faster because the prop is in clean air. At some speed the drag from the fuselage will be a bigger factor and as one pilot mentioned drag is exponential with velocity. I believe pushers have gotten popular because they look great and its easy to put all the fpv stuff up front. Although its not what you wanted to do I'd like to see both the pusher and puller Versa tested to see which is really faster.
Just a thought to add to this. I totally agree puller gets fresh air and pusher doesn't get near as much clear air. But I do think some of the air go over the wing in a puller would also create some turbulent air and potential hinder the speed as well.

In reality were talking about very small differences but even so would be interesting to know which one is better...

Guess only time can tell

Innaviation

Poll is officially closed, looks like, unsurprisingly, Versa wing has won. I will do a pusher vs puller speed comparison hopefully by next week