Poll: What FT plane do you want speed tested?

What FT plane should I test next?

• FT Edge

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • FT Spitfire

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • FT Simple Cub

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • FT Bloody Wonder with C-Pack Motor

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • FT Versa Wing

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmy

Legendary member
Can you do a "what plane can carry the most weight" comparison

Last edited:

Innaviation

I don't have the right motor for a Mini corsair or Mini mustang but If their is some interest in a which plane can carry the most weight video I would be happy to make one of those. What two planes would you be interested in seeing a weight comparison with?

Timmy

Legendary member
I don't have the right motor for a Mini corsair or Mini mustang but If their is some interest in a which plane can carry the most weight video I would be happy to make one of those. What two planes would you be interested in seeing a weight comparison with?
Guinea pig vs. kraken or spear

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
So recently I purchased a GPS tracker to see how fast FT planes fly. So far I have tested the Bloody Wonder at over 60MPH!
What FT plane should I test next?
I like the idea with the videos. and you present them well. I want you to read this post/request as feedback for your next vid to be better. Thank you making it and posting it.
The technical geek in me would love if when you do the next test, you ID the Prop specifically - what brand, what pitch etc and as before the diameter. the Area of a 10" prop = 314 si, vs 9" = 254 si, a ~125% increase in area from 9" to 10". If there is a way for you to measure Amp draw, that would be interesting to note. Please include the weight of the batteries. I find it suspect that the 3s 1500 mAh battery in first video is the same weight as a 4S 1500 mAh battery. Last suggestion - possibly a labeled shot of you setup too. so others can do their own experiment.
I enjoyed your overdub, and the footage was great. Keep it up.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Have you thought about which plane you can fly the slowest? a STOL/Bipe slow-off :)

BTW the force (psf) exerted be the wind at a give Wind speed (MPH) is given by the formula 0.00256 x V^2= F (psf).
so it gets exponentially harder to go faster.

Last edited:

Innaviation

I like the idea with the videos. and you present them well. I want you to read this post/request as feedback for your next vid to be better. Thank you making it and posting it.
The technical geek in me would love if when you do the next test, you ID the Prop specifically - what brand, what pitch etc and as before the diameter. the Area of a 10" prop = 314 si, vs 9" = 254 si, a ~125% increase in area from 9" to 10". If there is a way for you to measure Amp draw, that would be interesting to note. Please include the weight of the batteries. I find it suspect that the 3s 1500 mAh battery in first video is the same weight as a 4S 1500 mAh battery. Last suggestion - possibly a labeled shot of you setup too. so others can do their own experiment.
I enjoyed your overdub, and the footage was great. Keep it up.
Thanks you so much for the feedback. I'll be sure to include some of that info in the next video

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
if you make the versa a pusher then you have CG issues.
I solved the Versa pusher CG issue by moving the motor forward. Exactly how much forward will depend on your setup. I build the plane, put it on a balance stand & tape all the components in place. Then move the motor forward until I'm happy with where the battery needs to be. Then cut out the wing aft of the motor, like they did with the Arrow. For me the motor is 2-3 inches forward of the stock position.

Innaviation

I solved the Versa pusher CG issue by moving the motor forward. Exactly how much forward will depend on your setup. I build the plane, put it on a balance stand & tape all the components in place. Then move the motor forward until I'm happy with where the battery needs to be. Then cut out the wing aft of the motor, like they did with the Arrow. For me the motor is 2-3 inches forward of the stock position.
Interesting, what size battery did you use? I didn't have much troubles at all balancing my versa with a 1500mAH 4s.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Interesting, what size battery did you use? I didn't have much troubles at all balancing my versa with a 1500mAH 4s.
I use 2200 3S. For power, I started with the 2200kv Super Mega Jet from Greyson. I'm now using a 3000kv from HK. I don't know how fast it goes, I'm guessing 70+.