Polylight LW PLA - A happy medium.

SSgt Duramax

So as expected the weight of my model d is somewhere between the stated pla weight and the lw pla weight... 327g. (Eclipson quoted 410g for PLA and 220g for lw pla) Although my model a printed out heavier than their claimed weight.

The plane could have been lighter, as i had done some stuff to cope with an underextrusion issue I was having. I never decreased the flow rate back so it could be lighter still yet.

Looks like it will more than easily balance out with a c pack and 1000mah battery. I havent added a motor mount, spinner, esc, or landing gear yet, all of which are forward of the CG. So it would probably balance out with a b pack and smaller battery.

20220130_232324.jpg

My main complaint is that the white color, which i printed with is more of a tan, and has a corn husk like texture.

Overall easier to work with than the color fabb and way less stringing.

20220130_223839.jpg

telnar1236

Elite member
A bit late to this thread, but I was using the e-sun PLA but it has been out of stock or very expensive for the past month or so, so I decided to try Polymaker Polylite LW PLA in its place. It is mostly easy to print with, but the filament breaks easily when the extruder is close to the spool. With a bit of tuning I was able to get it so that it was only 15% heavier than the e-sun parts (the e-sun parts were between 45% and 50% of the weight of their PLA counterparts so the polymaker parts were between 51% and 58% of the weight of normal PLA).

Another thing I noticed that has both pros and cons is that it is much stiffer even for its strength. This makes it more prone to brittle failure when there are any kind of shocks present but means the parts deflect less in use which is good.

RickyG

I just finished printing the eclipson model v2 with the poly lite and it’s about 65%-70% of the pla weight for me, but it was super easy to print. I may go back and print some previous eclipson models with the poly lite. The yellowish of it really stands out with the white leds.

Ricky

NomadTravels

That night flight looked super cool!

I just finished printing the eclipson model v2 with the poly lite and it’s about 65%-70% of the pla weight for me, but it was super easy to print. I may go back and print some previous eclipson models with the poly lite. The yellowish of it really stands out with the white leds.

Ricky

Gln_Sevi

Thats what this thread is about! I am printing my model d in it.

The black is the colorfabb and the "white" is the polymaker.

That is what the guy was going over in the first video i posted. View attachment 216214 View attachment 216215 View attachment 216216

There is still some stringing.

View attachment 216217

But this is the inside of my 2 fuse sections I got done with color fabb on the model d. Flying spaghetti monster!

View attachment 216218

Of course i am a noob at 3d printing, so take what i say based on that.
Hey after I have readed all the comments I noticed that there is one mature fault. All parts from Eclipson can be printed in vase mode so u shouldn't have any problems with stringing because u can't avoid it. Second you should avoid crossing perimeters and than also set the tolerance of this to zero than the printer will follow the perimeters perfectly and u will not have stringing anymore

Attachments

• 16676435740602706944673066246904.jpg
    16676435740602706944673066246904.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: