Post your best flying videos!

--Oz--

That's just wrong on sooo many levels. You must have to have ocular implants or something to be able to see that thing that accurately to do stuff like that. That's a TON of practice time just doing that over and over to be able to be that repetitive and steady. Simply amazing the skills you have. Remind me to stand next to you at FFO so maybe some of that will leach off into my fingers.

Thanks and yea, it's just muscle memory when doing single flips (another thing when doing multiple 5~7 flips per sec, my record is 80 consecutive), and every time I upped my rates (1200/1400/1750/1950), you need to retrain the muscle memory timing. Now I am at 1950d/s (5.4 rolls per sec), a single start stop roll is 0.25 sec, that's just about as fast as my old fingers can go :)
Although, I want to try the helio spring fc, it does 4000d/s.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Thanks and yea, it's just muscle memory when doing single flips (another thing when doing multiple 5~7 flips per sec, my record is 80 consecutive), and every time I upped my rates (1200/1400/1750/1950), you need to retrain the muscle memory timing. Now I am at 1950d/s (5.4 rolls per sec), a single start stop roll is 0.25 sec, that's just about as fast as my old fingers can go :)
Although, I want to try the helio spring fc, it does 4000d/s.

Geez!! I thought 1000 dps was fast enough for most anything. You gotta have a TON of expo or a really low super rate to spread that out. Even a 1000 dps with low expo is pretty twitchy. Still amazing however you do it.

--Oz--

Geez!! I thought 1000 dps was fast enough for most anything. You gotta have a TON of expo or a really low super rate to spread that out. Even a 1000 dps with low expo is pretty twitchy. Still amazing however you do it.
Thanks. I don't like a lot of expo, couple reasons. Feels like mush around center, that is why I don't run super-expo (BF super-rate), and i play near the stick end alot (varying the roll rate) and with a lot of expo and my high rates, it feels almost like a switch (instant flip w/o good rate control). In this picture, top is my rates/expo settings, I turn off super-rates (expo 10^3) and adjust some regular expo (expo 10^2). The bottom is the BF defaults expo but linearly turned up the rates to match mine. It shows I run less expo curve than defaults. It's really all just personal feeling. Some pilots just like doing insta jab flips near stick end, I like more control out near stick end.

Attachments

• BF Rates.jpg
    BF Rates.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 0

NewZee

Hi All,
Crashed a Hangar 9 "Saratoga" last summer, finally got the repairs done, and have her back in the air! Here she is!!

_sundstrom_

Havent seen that fpv setup before, do you have any videos on that or why you have it set to your chest? Is that so you can quickly look to LOS?

I use that setup because the goggles are "front heavy" and they are therefore too loose against the face. Because of that I can get light in the goggles.

It's a go pro chest mount i use. Between the chest mount and the goggles i have an adjustable mono pod.

I think it works really well!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ohh this gives me an idea for something to do at FFO. Tiny whoop freeze tag. 3 pilots vs 5 targets confined to a limited area with a home base. If you get tagged with a whoop you have to stand still until some one unfreezes you. Once un frozen you have to make it to home base. If you are frozen again you are out. If you make it to base you get to fly the pilot who tagged yous whoop and they get to run around.

When batteries are dead current pilots still fly but the target pool is refreshed back to 5 to start over. The object it to become a pilot and try to knock out as many people as possible OR be the pilot that knocks out the most targets.

Bama3Dr

Ohh this gives me an idea for something to do at FFO.

That sounds like a ton of fun! I love the whoops for this type of close quarters flying around people. About the worst thing that could happen is that it gets tangled in someone's hair, so it's definitely low risk fun. The kids were yelling for me to hit them the whole time and then they turned on me! It was great flying practice for me too.

- Dustin

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
see.. symbiotic relationships in action. You chase them around and try to hit them. They bring you food and drink and fresh batteries!!

33joe

Today we have for you a short video from the chase, the car was chasing the FT Explorer. We flew and drove 2km (we could not find a longer closed road).

This bonus video footage from both cameras side by side.

Last edited: