Post your Christmas planes here!!!

Zetoyoc

Elite member
No new planes. But I did get some servos a large cutting mat and a gift certificate for flite test. So instead of struggling with what kit or motor to buy I put that off and put a few batteries through my mini stuka in the brief and unexpected sun today :). Merry holidays.

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
An electric motor has no place in a big balsa plane! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: This will get either an ASP FS52 or a Saito FA56, I hope the ASP has enough power because not only do I already have it but I'll have to cut some holes in the firewall and fiberglass a new cowling for an FA56 because the carb and pushrods won't fit in the one on it now.

Did ASP finally get their stuff in one sock? My franken truck came with an ASP motor that snapped the wrist pin right out of the piston just after a proper break in and about a week of mild running to tune it. After some research I learned that was a HUGE problem with their motors. Have they solved that issue?

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Did ASP finally get their stuff in one sock? My franken truck came with an ASP motor that snapped the wrist pin right out of the piston just after a proper break in and about a week of mild running to tune it. After some research I learned that was a HUGE problem with their motors. Have they solved that issue?
I've put 4 ish tanks through it to break it in and it runs great. Tore it down after because I'd heard of this problem happening and there was no evidence of any excessive wear or obvious damage anywhere I could detect, aside from castor gumming up everything as usual. Pretty sure the reason for this is both the ASP 52 and the Magnum 52 are clones of the OS FS52S, to the point of 100% parts interchangeability, and OS generally knows what they're doing. In fact the ASP 52 and Magnum are essentially exactly the same engine as they all come out of the same factory, though I think the Magnum is the only one still in production.