Posted Question in the wrong area!! I'm new here, please help...

Hello,

I'm using a Graupner MZ-12 Transmitter and GR-18 & GR-12L receivers, purchased from FliteTest's store. Can I use any other brand of receiver with my Transmitter?? The two GR-12L receivers that I purchased appear to be working fine, but the GR-18 - is giving me fits... I am building my third foam-board plane, and I have followed the manual and am trying to set it up as a simple Delta Wing with two Elevons and of course the motor. I have fried two servos. At this time I'm out of extra servos, and frustrated! I still need to maiden the first two planes, but it's been too windy here!

I assume I can use any brand of servos, other than the EMAX 8.5/9g. As I am having trouble with at least 3 of them, fried one using the servo tester! (no instructions!)

Thanks, in advance...

Jim = stainless45

elw773

Jim, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble, but everyone fries electronics at some point. You can only use Graupner receivers with graupner radios (unless you find a Chinese knockoff). Perhaps the GR18 is not in airplane mode, that is all I can think of. Also, any brand of servo will work with the receiver.

Good luck!