Posting a video in your thread.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Have you seen the posts that show a clip from the video being linked, but when you post a video it only shows the text of the link you're trying to share?

Follow these easy steps, and you too can have a fancy video player inside your post as well!

First thing you'll have to do, is make a thread. (This will also work for posts inside an existing thread...)

Then you'll want to title the thread so people know what it's going to be about.

VideoTutor001.jpg

Next, click on the icon for posting videos.

VideoTutor002.jpg

Then, go copy the link of the video you want to share.

VideoTutor003.jpg

Once you've done that, you can paste the link in the space for pasting video links. And of course you'll click ok, it's what you wanted to do this whole time!

VideoTutor004.jpg

Now you can, add some text to describe why you're posting the video.

VideoTutor005.jpg

We're down to the last step. Submit your thread!

vt006.jpg

And now you have a video in your post!

Attachments

• Video Tutor 001.jpg
    Video Tutor 001.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Video Tutor 002.jpg
    Video Tutor 002.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Video Tutor 003.jpg
    Video Tutor 003.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Video Tutor 004.jpg
    Video Tutor 004.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Video Tutor 005.jpg
    Video Tutor 005.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
You really like that episode, don't you?

Attachments

• IMG_2722.JPG
    IMG_2722.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2721.JPG
    IMG_2721.JPG
    904.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2720.JPG
    IMG_2720.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2719.JPG
    IMG_2719.JPG
    857.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2718.JPG
    IMG_2718.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2717.JPG
    IMG_2717.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Yes, but not for the reasons I would think you're alluding to. I didn't want to be on camera, I think there had been actual shoving involved. Not there was much need to worry about speaking to the audience, Josh hardly let me get a word in edgewise...

Kidding Josh, it was awesome working with you! I sure do appreciate what you do even more. I was feeling tongue tied, and Josh is just such a natural. It was very interesting to see the operation from that side of the camera, and then see the results.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
It is a good episode and as much as I enjoy the hobby, in the big scheme of things Mac is right, it's just a plane.

Pecanpatch

In all things, but especially model aviation, I respect people most who reach out to share something they enjoy with others. Folks like Mac Hodges with his generosity and his hospitality, the inclusiveness Hodgehounds that call Mac's place home; because they make you feel like you're part of the gang, even after you just met, and most recently the crew of Flite Test for making the hobby fun and educational.

You should come to one of our events!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I know Mark. You guys aren't THAT much further than Mac's. I will kick myself into action one of these times. Maybe I'll be able to hit your New Years event, depending on work schedule.

I am always envious of the pictures and videos posted from your gatherings!

wingspan100

5k FB Friends Airshowrc
I have a question,
Is there a thread to post our flying videos?
If there is, can you post a link?
Thanks!

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Fred, I think your how to is outdated. YouTube video URLs are https now and this breaks the default FT forum player. You have to delete the 's' from the URL in order for it to work as expected.

sahartech

Banned
Yes, but not for the reasons I would think you're alluding to. I didn't want to be on camera, I think there had been actual shoving involved. Not there was much need to worry about speaking to the audience, Josh hardly let me get a word in edgewise...