Potential for getting deep

UK_matt

Im a noobie.
Started with a sport cub S about 2 months ago.
Was genuinly inspired by the approach to the hobby by the FT guys. That crashing is ok. In fact its arguably an important part of the hobby.
That said i decided my 2nd plane was going to be an FT spitfire. Some might say thats a stupid idea.....i agree. But i really wanted to be in controll of that silhouette in the sky over my own house. And backed by the idea that its ok to crash, tonight i took my maiden.

Now, ive been struggling mentaly for the past 2 years for reasons i still dont fully understand my self. But all i can say is that those 7 minutes, were the clearest and most focused my mind has felt for 2 years now. My smile is from ear to ear.
I managed a loop, roll, split s, got halfway into a barrell roll before things went a bit wierd! Recovered it well tho and did about 4 practice launches and landings to round things off. I loved flying this thing scale.

I dont need anyone to aknowledge this, or even read it. I just had to write down how much this has helped me and how much i appreciate what you guys do.

Now....think i fancy a corsair......

Spec of the spit is 1100kv turnigy motor, 11x7 prop. 2200 3s battery. Torque roll is an issue if you dont throw with commitment. But it flys beautifully and lazy on half throttle, with soooo much power to pull you out off trouble (i.e a failed barrel roll)🤗

FDS

Elite member
Awesome! Glad to hear you had the outcome you wanted from your builds and flying. There’s a UK subforum of FT here if you want to share any UK build secrets or cheat to other UK FT fliers and builders.
I am sure the FT team would love to hear how their designs and ethos have helped you.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Im a noobie.
Started with a sport cub S about 2 months ago.
Was genuinly inspired by the approach to the hobby by the FT guys. That crashing is ok. In fact its arguably an important part of the hobby.
That said i decided my 2nd plane was going to be an FT spitfire. Some might say thats a stupid idea.....i agree. But i really wanted to be in controll of that silhouette in the sky over my own house. And backed by the idea that its ok to crash, tonight i took my maiden.

Now, ive been struggling mentaly for the past 2 years for reasons i still dont fully understand my self. But all i can say is that those 7 minutes, were the clearest and most focused my mind has felt for 2 years now. My smile is from ear to ear.
I managed a loop, roll, split s, got halfway into a barrell roll before things went a bit wierd! Recovered it well tho and did about 4 practice launches and landings to round things off. I loved flying this thing scale.

I dont need anyone to aknowledge this, or even read it. I just had to write down how much this has helped me and how much i appreciate what you guys do.

Now....think i fancy a corsair......

Spec of the spit is 1100kv turnigy motor, 11x7 prop. 2200 3s battery. Torque roll is an issue if you dont throw with commitment. But it flys beautifully and lazy on half throttle, with soooo much power to pull you out off trouble (i.e a failed barrel roll)🤗
Yay!! What an amazing experience. I’ve been looking at the Corsair too. Good luck!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Welcome to our Forum Family! I too find relief in building and flying these things. I get stress relief from both and I've been able to replace the rush I used to get from riding motorcycles, with flying foamboard aircraft around. It sounds crazy, but it's really therapeutic for me. :)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
First of all welcome to the family bro. You have come to a good place. And I will say that like you said most would think you are crazy for choosing the Spit as a second plane, myself now that I have flown the Spit several times, I wish it was my second plane. It was my eighth or so plane, hard to keep count at this point lol. You have chosen well young Jedi... I say build the Corsair and fly like you stole it! Warbirds forever man! (y):cool:(y)

Start a build thread and post your maiden vids, all of us love to see the story of your flight experience unfold. Thats why we are here