Power for master series F/A-18 Super hornet

Kam5691

I was wondering how I would set up the Super hornet with power. Do people use two batteries for each EDF? Is there a splitter that takes power from one battery and delivers to both EDFs? I have tested the jet with one battery, but it seemed very underpowered and barely got off on full throttle, so I figured there was something wrong with the power. Any answers appreciated!

shadeyB

Legendary member
I was wondering how I would set up the Super hornet with power. Do people use two batteries for each EDF? Is there a splitter that takes power from one battery and delivers to both EDFs? I have tested the jet with one battery, but it seemed very underpowered and barely got off on full throttle, so I figured there was something wrong with the power. Any answers appreciated!
1 battery with good capacity and C rating will be fine, i make my own splitter cable up as needed but im sure you will be able to source one.
if you are going to use two batteries be sure they are identical in spec size.
what power set up are you running ?
whats the total weight of your F-18 including battery set up

MJSantito

If you use two batteries.... and the specs they give for the plane is Recommended Battery: 4000 - 6000 mAh - 6S battery, is it as simple as having a pair of say 3000mAH 3S batteries? I'm a long time nitro/gas modeler so I'm just starting to dip my toes into the LiPo game.

tamuct01

If you use two batteries.... and the specs they give for the plane is Recommended Battery: 4000 - 6000 mAh - 6S battery, is it as simple as having a pair of say 3000mAH 3S batteries? I'm a long time nitro/gas modeler so I'm just starting to dip my toes into the LiPo game.

You can opt for a single 4000-6000 mAh 6S battery or 2x 6000 mAh 3S batteries in SERIES to get 6S or two smaller 3000 mAH 6S batteries in PARALLEL to get 6000 mAh capacity. Review series and parallel wiring to get what you want. Either way, the battery packs should be identical in capacity and C rating. Series wiring increases the voltage (turning two 3S packs into 6S) but the capacity stays the same. Two 3S 3000 mAh packs become one 6S 3000 mAh pack. Parallel increases capacity, but not voltage. Two 3S 3000 mAh packs become a 6000 mAh 3S pack.