Power Pack A - Motor not working - (edit: FIXED!)

mstahl302

I'm new to flite test builds. I'm putting together a Mini Scout with the Power Pack A kit. I have a motor that won't spin. (The servos are working.) Earlier in the build, I connected up the ESC, motor and servos. Everything worked on the bench. But then suddenly, the motor stopped responding. I recently dropped the motor (not too hard, I thought), but I swapped it out to be safe. Still no change.

Details:
- 20A ESC that comes with Power Pack A
- Spektrum DXs 7 channel transmitter.
- Spektrum AR410 4-channel receiver (ESC in slot 1)
- Standard FT 1806 motor (Power Pack A)

Things I've tried:
- I've tried swapping out the motor, the ESC and the receiver. (This is my second plane, so I have extras.)
- I've tried to calibrate the ESC using the procedure where you push the stick up then plug in the battery. I don't think it's working. I get the normal startup song, but no extra beeps. There are no additional beeps when I lower the stick.
- I saw a suggestion that the battery may be unbalanced. The two cells are not exactly the same, but are within about 0.04 of each other. Would that be enough to cause the problem? ( I am waiting on an XT30/XT60 adaptor to rebalance the battery.)

I have a video of my test sequence here. https://photos.app.goo.gl/kGRod2e5FiaQwKzXA

Any help would be appreciated!

Mark

Last edited:

CappyAmeric

Elite member
I'm new to flite test builds. I'm putting together a Mini Scout with the Power Pack A kit. I have a motor that won't spin. (The servos are working.) Earlier in the build, I connected up the ESC, motor and servos. Everything worked on the bench. But then suddenly, the motor stopped responding. I recently dropped the motor (not too hard, I thought), but I swapped it out to be safe. Still no change.

Details:
- 20A ESC that comes with Power Pack A
- Spektrum DXs 7 channel transmitter.
- Spektrum AR410 4-channel receiver (ESC in slot 1)
- Standard FT 1806 motor (Power Pack A)

Things I've tried:
- I've tried swapping out the motor, the ESC and the receiver. (This is my second plane, so I have extras.)
- I've tried to calibrate the ESC using the procedure where you push the stick up then plug in the battery. I don't think it's working. I get the normal startup song, but no extra beeps. There are no additional beeps when I lower the stick.
- I saw a suggestion that the battery may be unbalanced. The two cells are not exactly the same, but are within about 0.04 of each other. Would that be enough to cause the problem? ( I am waiting on an XT30/XT60 adaptor to rebalance the battery.)

I have a video of my test sequence here. https://photos.app.goo.gl/kGRod2e5FiaQwKzXA

Any help would be appreciated!

Mark
Is the battery fully charged?

mstahl302

After poking around on another forum, someone pointed out that the DXS transmitter has a "throttle cut switch".

Turns out the throttle cut switch had been bumped into the off position. (Did I mention I'm new to this? :))

One switch later, and everything works fine!