Power Pack C - BLHeli 30a ESC Help

agmason06

First time posting to forum and wanted to say thanks to flitetest and community!

I recently built a ft simple storch with flitetest's power pack C. It's been a great plane and I enjoyed building it up, I've got about 10 flights on it and today seemingly randomly the esc is acting up.

This morning I flew a battery had a normal landing with the storch. I put my next battery in and everything seemed normal except the motor would not spin up. All control surfaces still responded just nothing from the motor. I spent the next few hours trying different batteries, testing the receiver, binding the receiver again, tested channel with servo, testing ESC with multimeter, etc.. . The ESC (BLHeli 30A) is not beeping when powered with the motor though it is powering the BEC.

I don't have the cable to flash the program and since it is not beeping I cannot program with transmitter.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Is the ESC dead like I'm imagining?

Thanks again for the great community!

I had the same thing happen with a 70amp esc. I gave up and replaced it. I was afraid the motor had failed. But for some reason the esc had stopped working on a plane that had been stored for a few months. As inexpensive as esc's are from some sources I keep and extra or two with me.

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
If using bullet connectors, are all in good shape? If soldered directly, are all connections between the ESC and motor in good shape? A bend in a solder joint combined with vibration could result in a break.

Mike

liamnave

flyboy
hmm, yeah, i would make sure all connections are solid, even the ones in the man unit. If you bought t from flitetest would just tell them it stopped working and they should get you a new one, they are great with returns!