do you think this will fly well?

• yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Phin G

Elite member
I recon that it could work. I recently made a 100% commuter with the equivalent of b pack eletronics and it flew well. However it was fast. It flew to scale at 60-70% throttle so i think 150-170% would be sweet. Good luck.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I recon that it could work. I recently made a 100% commuter with the equivalent of b pack eletronics and it flew well. However it was fast. It flew to scale at 60-70% throttle so i think 150-170% would be sweet. Good luck.
thanks.
I'm really keen to build it as large as possible, and then paint it like the one my uncle trained in. this will be the nicest looking plane in my hangar (i hope)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hey guys... im planning to build a scaled up commuter that will run on a power pack C and a 2200mah 3s.
i am thinking along the lines of 150% to 180%.
what do you think?
i want a slow and floaty scale looking plane, and this cessna fits the bill.

@The Hangar @SquirrelTail @Monte.C @SP0NZ @Ratcheeroo @BoredGuy @Grifflyer @Quinnyperks @PsyBorg
@Mid7night made a large one. Do not remember the scale or the power pack he used. Might have been 180% with the Monster Power Pack.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
The Monster Cessna, “Big Al” was 240% of the FT Commuter and flew on the Monster Radial on 4S with a 13” prop. It was seriously under-propped in that configuration.

A 48”-56” span Commuter would probably be perfect for C-pack power and fly very nicely.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Awesome.... I may be able to start on it this weekend.... If I have enough glue..... Or maybe I'll use some wood glue on the wing to male it stronger &lighter

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
There was zero wood in the construction of the Monster Cessna, which was 240%, or 72" span. Just FYI. ;)

If you do the struts right and don't fly it like a fighter, you shouldn't need a wood spar.
i am planning to place pieces of ply wood where the struts attach to the wings (struts will be alaminium) so that i can have a removable wing... struts will attach with fly nuts and bolts

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
could someone please scale and tile the ft commuter plans please...
170%
And please tile for A4 pages

Attachments

• 236050_855e51ea6fc0b2605c1c493bc7a4e5e2.pdf
    407.1 KB · Views: 0