do you think this will fly well?

• yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Sooo... Last weekend I maidens the commuter.....
Takes off asap😂.... But stupid me didn't have my airleron stick trimmed to the centre... It had been accidentally bumped all the way to the left ...
So it had a tiny bit of left airleron on it.... Soo it did a slow half circle and flew straight into a palm tree....
Ripped LG off.... Snapped very end of right wingtip off....
But very repairable...
Oh yea and it flew really stable.... Like really really stable....
Can't wait to get it back up in the air ..
@KN4IUU

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Does anyone know why the speed build kit for the commuter was discontinued? I think it got replaced by the pnp adventure, but why discontinue it? 🤷‍♂️

Bigeard

inspiration........

Oooh I love that! I hope mine looks like that!
Just watched Bens video of his 240% Cessna and loved the build and flight characteristics . I was really interested in the way he modded the detachable wings using an effective but simple method , is there any way that the same method could be used on the standard FT Commuter kit successfully ?
Thanks

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Just watched Bens video of his 240% Cessna and loved the build and flight characteristics . I was really interested in the way he modded the detachable wings using an effective but simple method , is there any way that the same method could be used on the standard FT Commuter kit successfully ?
Thanks
I just did a removable wing like on the ft simple cub or bushwacker... 2 skewers and 2 elastic bands

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
So there should be no major problems carrying this out on the Commuter then ?
Are you referring to the normal detachable wing design??
If yes, then there won't be any hassle with doing a removable wing like that... Although it's kinda unnecessary as it's such a small plane

Bigeard

Are you referring to the normal detachable wing design??
If yes, then there won't be any hassle with doing a removable wing like that... Although it's kinda unnecessary as it's such a small plane
See your point but it does make an easier access . I have had extensive experience of modding numerous and varied projects in the past but I will wait untill I reach that point in the build to see if its worth the extra work.
Thanks