Power Pack C Prop Help

rmargherio

Hello newbie here,

I recently built the ft spitfire (first build) and all things considered the maiden flight went decent except I was having power issues as I believe the prop wasn't properly installed and it was slipping on the motor shaft. When I installed it I used two of the plastic washers that came with the propellers and I put them on the shaft so that the prop was between the two of them, then screwed the nut on the end of the motor shaft. Did I do that the incorrect way or was the nut maybe not tightened enough? I was having to tighten the nut on the field as it was coming loose during flight.

Thanks!

moke

need to choose a plastic washer that 'seats' into the opening at the back of the prop. sounds like you 'sandwiched' the prop between two washers...which would result in the prop still being loose around the shaft.

rmargherio

I see what you mean, that seems to fit the prop much tighter on the shaft thank you. Although with regards to the nut on the end does it just need to be tightened down really well?

moke

I see what you mean, that seems to fit the prop much tighter on the shaft thank you. Although with regards to the nut on the end does it just need to be tightened down really well?
be careful not to over tighten. but, my experience, tighten it until the back of the prop sits against the smooth part of the shaft, below the threads...and you should be good to go.

rmargherio

be careful not to over tighten. but, my experience, tighten it until the back of the prop sits against the smooth part of the shaft, below the threads...and you should be good to go.
Okay so you want the prop sitting up against the nut right where the thread ends as opposed to the prop sitting at the very base of the shaft?

moke

that's how I have done it with my C pack. prop sits at bottom of threads and seats on smooth part of shaft. Others, have put a plastic washer below the prop too...on the smooth part of the shaft. So long as you have another washer seated inside the opening in prop. And then the nut down to meet the top of the prop.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Keep in mind that pictures will help diagnostics. Dont be afraid to take a picture of whatever the issue is and post it. Often times, a picture will be posted in response.

rmargherio

This is how I have it attached, with a washer seated in the back of the prop and the front of the prop resting on the tightened nut

Attachments

• 970875E1-CEA6-40C5-BAEB-D4AC7E346A94.jpeg
    970875E1-CEA6-40C5-BAEB-D4AC7E346A94.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0