Sneery

I'm new to the whole "building planes" thing and was looking at the FT Mighty Mini F-22 Raptor. Power Pack F is not in stock at the moment, and I wanted to know, are there any alternatives to the Power Packs themselves, maybe on Amazon or BangGood? I also saw Power Pack A, what's the main difference?

There are lots of brands offering whatever motor size you're wanting. Flitetest isn't in the business of manufacturing motors & electronics, so their motors are rebranded Emax motors. I don't have any experience with all the different brands, so I figure Emax is a perfectly good way to go. There are other good names out there too.

The difference between power packs is motor size.
I guess a power pack comes with servos and an ESC too, right? Well company loyalty is a perfectly good thing, as is quality customer service, etc. It's also ok to buy elsewhere if you want. If I'm not mistaken all the Flitetest servos and ESCs are from Emax.

Sneery

The difference between power packs is motor size.
I guess a power pack comes with servos and an ESC too, right? Well company loyalty is a perfectly good thing, as is quality customer service, etc. It's also ok to buy elsewhere if you want. If I'm not mistaken all the Flitetest servos and ESCs are from Emax.
I'll check out Emax, thanks for the help. I'll try and see if I can find the individual parts, but I might just go ahead and buy a power pack when it comes back in stock.

SSgt Duramax

Literally every 2205, 2204, or 2206 will work.

On a side note, if you want to go super cheap and risk it for a no name motor, I have one of these set ups in a 2217 size. Ive probably put about 10 hours on it and it is doing great. Everything is soldered up for you too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A2208-1100...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
If it were me I would buy this in the 1800kv variety, (you could do 2600kv, just keep the prop small). Pick your connector (i use xt60, but if your batteries have deans thats ok too). It is a 16 dollar gamble, and the motors are a tad on the heavy side, i think, i havent weighed it, and that is totally subjective, but mine has been great. I switched to a sunny sky and cant really tell the difference.

Sneery

Literally every 2205, 2204, or 2206 will work.

On a side note, if you want to go super cheap and risk it for a no name motor, I have one of these set ups in a 2217 size. Ive probably put about 10 hours on it and it is doing great. Everything is soldered up for you too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A2208-1100...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
If it were me I would buy this in the 1800kv variety, (you could do 2600kv, just keep the prop small). Pick your connector (i use xt60, but if your batteries have deans thats ok too). It is a 16 dollar gamble, and the motors are a tad on the heavy side, i think, i havent weighed it, and that is totally subjective, but mine has been great. I switched to a sunny sky and cant really tell the difference.
I'll check it out, thanks, I do feel that the Power Packs are more on the expensive side so I might just go your way and buy the individual parts from random brands

Sneery

I buy 2205 2300kv motors with a 6x3 to 6x4 prop you can get them fairly cheap on Amazon.
I've looked around and the only ones I can find are the ones in packs (4 pack of Motors), I don't know if those are the ones you buy. A link would be great if you can.

SSgt Duramax

I'll check it out, thanks, I do feel that the Power Packs are more on the expensive side so I might just go your way and buy the individual parts from random brands
What I posted is a power pack, and it has everything soldered on already. Do you have batteries? I think most of us use XT 60.

Here are cheap servos. You need the smaller (and more expensive) 5g servos for the ailerons usually on the minis, but the 9g servos can fit in most minis and all of the bigger planes. I have built a mini scout, tiny trainer, and mini speedster all using the 9g servos.

I prefer the larger planes personally, especially if you are just starting out. They are easier to fly and work on and cost about the same, if not cheaper.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pc-9G-SG...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Sneery

What I posted is a power pack, and it has everything soldered on already. Do you have batteries? I think most of us use XT 60.

Here are cheap servos. You need the smaller (and more expensive) 5g servos for the ailerons usually on the minis, but the 9g servos can fit in most minis and all of the bigger planes. I have built a mini scout, tiny trainer, and mini speedster all using the 9g servos.

I prefer the larger planes personally, especially if you are just starting out. They are easier to fly and work on and cost about the same, if not cheaper.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pc-9G-SG...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
No batteries, I'll check out the XT 60. What would you count as a bigger plane? I have the F-22 Raptor Mini and it's an ok size. Thanks for the Power Pack link, does it matter if I use the 1800kv Deans or the one with the XT 60? Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

SSgt Duramax

No batteries, I'll check out the XT 60. What would you count as a bigger plane? I have the F-22 Raptor Mini and it's an ok size. Thanks for the Power Pack link, does it matter if I use the 1800kv Deans or the one with the XT 60? Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
Deans or XT60 is just you battery connector. I could be speaking ignorantly, but I think most of us use XT60. Deans looks like a "T" and xt60 is 2 bullet connectors in a plug.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/deans-ec3-or-xt60.35372/

By bigger plane i mean like the cub, full sized scout, tutor, something which runs off a b or c pack.

Last edited:

Droneflyer200

You can buy them as singles but you get a better deal when you buy them in fours and I love to build so I have a bunch of them. I use XT60 and I have replaced all my deans and JST connectors with XT30 s. here is a link on amazon for the motor I have on my Tiny Trainer.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0811ZZSV4/?tag=lstir-20 make sure you order CW threading on the shaft so it tightens with a CCW prop.

Last edited:

CappyAmeric

Elite member
I'm new to the whole "building planes" thing and was looking at the FT Mighty Mini F-22 Raptor. Power Pack F is not in stock at the moment, and I wanted to know, are there any alternatives to the Power Packs themselves, maybe on Amazon or BangGood? I also saw Power Pack A, what's the main difference?
Amain Hobby has the Flite Test Power Pack F in stock and on sale for $62.99: https://www.amainhobbies.com/flite-test-power-pack-f-radial-edition-flt-3063/p-qqzktqyqlcqxactz

Spadman

I built my Raptor with a 2730 1700kv motor on 3s and a Lumenier 6x5 3-blade prop. All the data points to this setup having loads of power. In fact, it should nearly be a 1:1 power to weight ratio. The low observable nature of the F-22 makes it hard to track by radar, but I might have found a serviceable alternative. lol!!!

Attachments

• D5F0C49A-6C8E-43FC-967F-C76905D92CD5.jpeg
    D5F0C49A-6C8E-43FC-967F-C76905D92CD5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0