Power pack f component question

DRT

I'm hoping somebody at the FT store or people can here can help. I want to build a mini-mustang and mini--corsair. I am having difficulties finding some of the components individually listed in power pack f (https://store.flitetest.com/flite-test-power-pack-f-radial-edition-flt-3063/p983489). I cannot find the "Y-Lead (30 cm)" sold as a single item.
Thank you in advance for the help (and moderators please let me know the best place to post questions like this)
Steven

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
So you are gonna build both planes and use one motor for both but need all the other components individually to build the second plane, am I correct?

DRT

So you are gonna build both planes and use one motor for both but need all the other components individually to build the second plane, am I correct?
Yes. As I understand the idea for the power pods is to allow the swapping of the engine between planes. So I'll need the other stuff for the second plane.
Thank you!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Yes. As I understand the idea for the power pods is to allow the swapping of the engine between planes. So I'll need the other stuff for the second plane.
Thank you!
So you dont need to be specific as to getting a direct replacement as far as brand or model. Any Y connector, any 5g servos and related gear will work. Sometimes a little searching on Amazon and Ebay or Banggood and Hobby King will be good places to start

USCATX

Altitude Hobbies has the Emax 9051 servos for $5.99 and a servo y for $1.99. Although unless you’re using a 4 channel receiver I’ve found it to be much easier to plug aileron servos in individually giving you flaperons, individual sub trim and individual reversing. Then you just need some .047 wire for pushrods and control horns and you’re good to go.

DRT

I was following until
you’re using a 4 channel receiver I’ve found it to be much easier to plug aileron servos in individually giving you flaperons, individual sub trim and individual reversing.
I understand 4 ch to be throttle, rudder, aileron and elevator. Not sure what you mean about aileron servos individually and the rest of the sentence. Thank you in advance!

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I was following until I understand 4 ch to be throttle, rudder, aileron and elevator. Not sure what you mean about aileron servos individually and the rest of the sentence. Thank you in advance!
This means that one of your aileron servos can be plugged into an extra channel (if your receiver and transmitter can handle above 4) and mixed so that they can do extra functions like flaperons.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I was following until I understand 4 ch to be throttle, rudder, aileron and elevator. Not sure what you mean about aileron servos individually and the rest of the sentence. Thank you in advance!
You have the basic four channel as you mentioned and to run two servos for the ailerons this way you need a Y connector for them both to receive the same signal. There is a function, again if your radio and your receiver are compatible, called "dual aileron". This is where your right aileron is plugged into the assigned aileron channel and the left aileron is plugged into an auxiliary channel. This allows operations called flaperons where the ailerons act as flaps, they drop down at the flip of a switch. The nice part about dual ailerons is you can sub-trim the left and right individually, you can introduce differential drag which also helps with coordinated turns. Its a nice feature to have. Any six channel transmitter and receiver should be capable.

Reactions: DRT

USCATX

You have the basic four channel as you mentioned and to run two servos for the ailerons this way you need a Y connector for them both to receive the same signal. There is a function, again if your radio and your receiver are compatible, called "dual aileron". This is where your right aileron is plugged into the assigned aileron channel and the left aileron is plugged into an auxiliary channel. This allows operations called flaperons where the ailerons act as flaps, they drop down at the flip of a switch. The nice part about dual ailerons is you can sub-trim the left and right individually, you can introduce differential drag which also helps with coordinated turns. Its a nice feature to have. Any six channel transmitter and receiver should be capable.
This is more clear than I made it. And sub trim is the best reason to do it.

DRT

Thank you sir! (and your videos on ironing the edges were great! i can't wait to try them!)