Power Pod A/F Simple Cub Plans

BlowBoaterJoe

Hey Everyone!

New to the forum and Flite Test. Recently just got back into the hobby since I was a young child (23 now). Bought a Stratosurfer and love it but really wanted to start building. I got back into RC with Quads so I wanted to be able to utilize the extra quad motors I have from my 5" quad. That is what led me to designing to the Power Pack A/F (I am assuming you could use both from my research of the power packs) Simple Cub!

Please let me know if anything is incorrect or if this absolutely will not work (or if this has already been done). I scaled the design to fit the mini power pod and also re sized the cavities to be correct with the water resistant foam. Thanks and have an awesome day!

Attachments

• FT SIMPLE CUB PLANS A-F Pack TEST.pdf
    58.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
nice. is that done on a single piece of foamboard? if so, that is a really good job laying it out, bravo!

i have built 1 simple cub in the past and am currently building another 6 (dont ask...) and everything on the plans looks good. i did not print it off but will tomorrow and see if i can get it to tile.

laters,

jason ;)

BlowBoaterJoe

Jason,

Thank you! Please let me know how it comes out and if anything can be improved. I'm hoping this and the Mini Sparrow will be my first builds.

And that's right, one board! I didn't include the landing gear as I wasn't going to use it and figured I could add it on down the road if I wanted.

-Joe

Plotter4Plans

Hey Everyone!

New to the forum and Flite Test. Recently just got back into the hobby since I was a young child (23 now). Bought a Stratosurfer and love it but really wanted to start building. I got back into RC with Quads so I wanted to be able to utilize the extra quad motors I have from my 5" quad. That is what led me to designing to the Power Pack A/F (I am assuming you could use both from my research of the power packs) Simple Cub!

Please let me know if anything is incorrect or if this absolutely will not work (or if this has already been done). I scaled the design to fit the mini power pod and also re sized the cavities to be correct with the water resistant foam. Thanks and have an awesome day!
I'm new to the group and Flite Test also Joe,,
I just downsized the simple cub plans yesterday in Inkscape and was noticing that when you scale down that far or scale up to 200%, your cavity lines are changing also for the foam thickness. I don't know if this is going to be a problem for us or not, maybe SPONZ @SP0NZ can shed some light on this for us...
I printed out the plans for full size simple cub and the mini speedster. Already have the builds done and waiting on power packs.
having a 36" plotter helps... wow, the time I save.