Solved Power pod reinforcement

flyingkelpie

Elite member
I just need to know how to reinforce the connection between the firewall and the power pod. It keeps breaking and I've even done it with polyurethane instead of hot glue. Any ideas?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I use packing tape to tape the firewall to the pod after gluing. I have never had something break, even with a lot of stress on it.
The method that I use is shown in this video:
He calls it the main reinforcement tool because it really does provide a lot of strength. When the motor heats up the glue might melt, leaving this as the only thing keeping the firewall on. Some people use epoxy instead to fix this problem, but I have never had problems with hot glue melting anyways.

flyingkelpie

Elite member
I use packing tape to tape the firewall to the pod after gluing. I have never had something break, even with a lot of stress on it.
The method that I use is shown in this video:
He calls it the main reinforcement tool because it really does provide a lot of strength. When the motor heats up the glue might melt, leaving this as the only thing keeping the firewall on. Some people use epoxy instead to fix this problem, but I have never had problems with hot glue melting anyways.
Ok thanks! I'll do that.

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Yeah I forgot tape once and the firewall just popped off! Right after I took off...
I did mine first try hot glue and that is exactly what happened. Polyurethane solved the popping of problem but because its windy here right now I tried to fly while there was no wind but the forces of nature had other ideas...

Intashu

Elite member
I sometimes double up the foam used on the inside of the firewall to help prevent it from easily being damaged. I also often use the heavier walmart foam-board with the thicker backing for durability.

I absolutly believe it's vital to use the reinforced packaging tape. other tape works too, but the packaging tape with fibers in it won't tear easily and will make sure the firewall stays on in all but the worst of crashes.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
For the power pod I use corrugated plastic. I have used the same power for 3 years now with lots of crashes!
I use plain old duct tape to reinforce the connection to the firewall.