Help! Power pods NOT swappable!

wi11ywonka

Hi,

So I'm currently making the FT Mustang. I haven't yet bought the power pack C V2. I want to be able to swap to my future builds of the new FT Corsair and one of the nacelles of the Sea Duck which are both power pack C's. However, all three power pods are completely different. How is that swappable?! I'm trying to save money here. What do I do?

Thanks,

Will

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hi,

So I'm currently making the FT Mustang. I haven't yet bought the power pack C V2. I want to be able to swap to my future builds of the new FT Corsair and one of the nacelles of the Sea Duck which are both power pack C's. However, all three power pods are completely different. How is that swappable?! I'm trying to save money here. What do I do?

Thanks,

Will
You can make the power pod for each plane, and swap the motor between the pods. You can still save money by only having to buy or make a firewall for each plane, instead of buying a whole new motor.

FDS

Elite member
Generally people give up on the swapping electronics idea fairly quickly. You can only fly one plane at a time and once you have it all set up and tuned in an airframe it’s a hassle to move any parts beyond the motor.
You can save more money by buying things like servos in bulk (I use $2 ones in everything) and there are plenty of cheaper motors and ESC’s around.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
If you want to use swappable power pods, you will need to build the older swappable planes. The older planes fly great, they are just not as cool as the newer ones. The older planes are also easier to build.

Tjhochha

I've modified all of my planes so far to accept the power pod out of the simple cub. I had to trim the top tabs off of the power pod but it works for my sea duck, 150% mini corsair, simple cub, and my custom built P2V. I think I have pdf's of both modified sets and my p2v if you would like any of those.

wi11ywonka

I've modified all of my planes so far to accept the power pod out of the simple cub. I had to trim the top tabs off of the power pod but it works for my sea duck, 150% mini corsair, simple cub, and my custom built P2V. I think I have pdf's of both modified sets and my p2v if you would like any of those.

Thank you for offer. I might take you up on the see duck. I love a "150%" Mini... is it still a mini LOL. Thats cool that you modified them!

wi11ywonka

If you want to use swappable power pods, you will need to build the older swappable planes. The older planes fly great, they are just not as cool as the newer ones. The older planes are also easier to build.

Why can't we have COOL AND Fly GREAT? LOL Thats what I love about the new Corsaid it looks like it flies so smooth. But I think I will modify the leading edge to wrap tape or something around a cylindrical object to to make it more aero than just flat and crush the trailing edge to a taper someone on these forums showed. This stuff is FUN!

wi11ywonka

You can make the power pod for each plane, and swap the motor between the pods. You can still save money by only having to buy or make a firewall for each plane, instead of buying a whole new motor.
I here ya I just wanted to do it quick in the field. But we'll see. Thanks!

Tjhochha

Thank you for offer. I might take you up on the see duck. I love a "150%" Mini... is it still a mini LOL. Thats cool that you modified them!
Well, It looks like I just modified the nacelles as I was scratch building to fit the power pod. I guess I could do a quick mod of the plans for you. I will try to get them modified tonight to send to you.