Power supply question for Bixler 1.1 RTF

Seattle

This is my first plane so I got the Bixler 1.1 RTF from HK. It came with a 2s/3s balance charge 12 V 1.2A. I don't want to have to use my car battery to charge my 3S li-po obviously. I'd like a 12v adapter for US.

I have found some listed on ebay 12 V 2A and the plug says 5.5 mm * 2.1 mm. I don't have calipers and I'm not sure how to measure exactly anyway.

Does anyone know where I can get an AC adapter that would plug in to this (cheap) HK charger? In case it helps, it's the one that comes in the RTF kit.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to charge my batteries and be able to check out my new plane. Who uses a car battery for this?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Old PC power supplies are easy to convert for this purpose. YouTube has a ton of video's on the subject.

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yeah those are really the best bet. You can find them free sometimes, and a new one could be as cheap as $20.

lonewolf7717

Or just do what I did, was looking for a good excuse to buy a new CPU. Best one I could come up with was the re-use of power supply from old CPU. So in a way I guess it ended up costing me about $850....a bargain really

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
This is my first plane so I got the Bixler 1.1 RTF from HK. It came with a 2s/3s balance charge 12 V 1.2A. I don't want to have to use my car battery to charge my 3S li-po obviously. I'd like a 12v adapter for US.

I have found some listed on ebay 12 V 2A and the plug says 5.5 mm * 2.1 mm. I don't have calipers and I'm not sure how to measure exactly anyway.

Does anyone know where I can get an AC adapter that would plug in to this (cheap) HK charger? In case it helps, it's the one that comes in the RTF kit.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to charge my batteries and be able to check out my new plane. Who uses a car battery for this?

Any 12v power supply would work. Cheapest option is prob to convert and old ATX power supply from a computer.
I think there are a couple of articles posted w/video howtos somewhere around this site.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Here's one article on the flitetest site:
http://flitetest.com/articles/atx-power-supply-conversion
A little googling will find a bunch more youtube howtos. I've done two of them (using them for three years now) and they are still in use.
search
homemade 12v power supply
homemade bench power supply
converted atx power supply
Spend a night watching the vids (free)
find an old scrapped pc (free)
can be done very cheaply with a few parts from radio shack or the hardware store.