Powered EZ Glider?

Foamforce

I just built a couple EZ gliders and I see marks on the plan that appear to be locations for servos and control arms. For the servos there are four little scribe marks on the top, right behind the wing. I would imagine that these are the corners of a square that would hold two servos, side by side, probably 5g.

Has anybody built one of these with servos, or even a motor? I’m interested because I might want to tow one of these up with the Guinea Pig, and there’s also a local indoor flying event with a 6oz limit, which may be doable with this.

Please post pictures if you’ve done a powered EZ glider. Thanks!

Attachments

• 67FAF81D-E5C3-4A06-8108-011F737DE9CC.jpeg
    67FAF81D-E5C3-4A06-8108-011F737DE9CC.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Foamforce

Very pretty! I don’t see any servos, what’s the plan for those? Also, what motor did you use and what did you attach the firewall to? Power pod or direct connection? Did you have to omit the doublers to make it fit?

So many questions. Thanks!

Michael9865

Elite member
Very pretty! I don’t see any servos, what’s the plan for those? Also, what motor did you use and what did you attach the firewall to? Power pod or direct connection? Did you have to omit the doublers to make it fit?

So many questions. Thanks!
Thank you!
Servos will be 5gram, bought but not installed at time of photo. Mounted inside under wing.
Motor, I am not sure what it is. It was one that I had laying around. I can measure it when I get home.
The motor was mounted to the front flush with plywood also with 3 degrees down and 3 degrees of right. The doubler and fuselage sides are flush to have more surface area at the glue joint.

Foamforce

Thank you!
Servos will be 5gram, bought but not installed at time of photo. Mounted inside under wing.
Motor, I am not sure what it is. It was one that I had laying around. I can measure it when I get home.
The motor was mounted to the front flush with plywood also with 3 degrees down and 3 degrees of right. The doubler and fuselage sides are flush to have more surface area at the glue joint.

Good to know! I’ll probably copy your engine mounting technique. I have a 2204 motor that I’ll try on it. I’ll try a 2s 350mah battery and a 7x4sf prop, which is supposed to be good for about 230g of thrust. I may have to downsize that some more though to try to get it under the weight limit.

Post another pic after the servos are on please. Out of curiosity, why did you decide to not use the servo locations printed on the plans? Or maybe I misinterpreted the plans?

Michael9865

Elite member
Here is how I did the nose in SketchUp. Oh my this glider got built way back on like May 10th of 2020. Then found its way to a shelf of my bookshelf. I feel so bad now. Where were you seeing the "servo locations printed on the plans?" I might have missed it. I did a quick search of the forum and don't see any pictures of the glider with servos installed. I can easily be on the wrong page. It wouldn't be the first time.

FT EZ Motorized Glider.jpg

Foamforce

Here’s what I’m talking about. I’m not certain that these markings are for servos, but it looks right. The marks are never mentioned in the build video. The four marks on the top of the fuselage form a square that’s about the same size as two servos side by side, similar to how they’re mounted in the Delta. It looks like two push rods would connect nicely from there to the control surfaces on the back. What do you think?

Attachments

• B684B7EF-6221-4626-BC24-0CD15400164D.jpeg
    B684B7EF-6221-4626-BC24-0CD15400164D.jpeg
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 0