Powered Kites

Mike Pulley

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Basically a modded nutball. Looks like the typical high alpha and maneuverability. Still cool to see. Be a good way to sneak stubborn younglings into the RC hobby. They are not crashing planes they are flying kites!!

Mike Pulley

Basically a modded nutball. Looks like the typical high alpha and maneuverability. Still cool to see. Be a good way to sneak stubborn younglings into the RC hobby. They are not crashing planes they are flying kites!!

Good characterization, PsyBorg. One grandfather is already coaxing his grands in with a Mickey Mouse powered kite. Plus, being a park flyer, I always draw visitors when I fly at my local park. No "converts", yet, but plenty positive public relations.

Except for the kid who was trying to get his kite aloft a few weeks ago, running with kite string in hand. When he saw my "kite" flying effortlessly, I'm afraid it nearly drove him nuts! ;)

-- Mike

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ehh kids these days need all the exercise they can get because they spend far too much time gaming and on their cell phones. You could always taunt him a bit and have a "Race" to get his attention and probably make him relax enough to get his up normally all while having a bit of fun.

Mike Pulley

No kidding! It's been an earworm in my head for a couple months, now. Every time I fly my powered kite, the song starts up again.

Beware!

-- Mike

Mike Pulley

Informative article for Kids. They can learn many things and the best thing in this post you mentioned the references articles. Really Appreciated!

I'm glad you like it. Coming from a professional writer like you, I appreciate it!

Do you have kids or grandkids to build a kite with? I'd love to see your version and any improvements you can share. And also, I'd love to hear about their experiences with it.

This many months later, I still have my "flag" kite and fly it, especially when the wind kicks up a bit. She really does enjoy dancing in the wind.

Thanks!

-- Mike

Mike Pulley

[We had a case of apparent spammers leave comments for no purpose here. Thanks to forum moderator FlyingMonkey for dispatching them!]

-- Mike

Last edited:

Mike Pulley

I think we might have a spammer infestation...

Oh. Makes sense.

A couple of my articles were spammed with nonsense comments bearing suspicious links just begging to be clicked. That's more than annoying spam, it's malicious malware. I tried to get Megan at Flite Test to delete them, but alas, heard only crickets.

I suppose spam and bad actors are accepted here. <sigh>

-- Mike

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hi Mike.

Megan and the rest of the Ohio office are extremely busy with Flite Fest right now, and for the most part they do not handle forum operations. That's taken care of by myself and the other forum moderators.

You can use the report feature, and one of the forum moderators will remove spam posts.

Unfortunately when the report first came through I was at my day job, and I didn't have the access through my phone.

You'll see that they have been removed. So in response to your supposition, no. Spam and bad actors are not accepted here.

Mike Pulley

Hi Mike.

Megan and the rest of the Ohio office are extremely busy with Flite Fest right now, and for the most part they do not handle forum operations. That's taken care of by myself and the other forum moderators.

You can use the report feature, and one of the forum moderators will remove spam posts.

Unfortunately when the report first came through I was at my day job, and I didn't have the access through my phone.

You'll see that they have been removed. So in response to your supposition, no. Spam and bad actors are not accepted here.

Ah! Didn't know that part of the forum organization. Thanks, er, FlyingMonkey!

Can you also remove nonsense comments with loaded link bait from articles? Such as "collegesniper's" on article "CELEBRATE YOUR ANNIVERSARY!" and "adepterp's" on "CHALLENGES OF THE SWAPPABLE FT DELTA"? I asked Megan twice on those back in May, but nothing.

I love Megan, the Flite Test crew, and the community of Flite Testes (wait, that doesn't sound right), but I'm learning what's what by watching what happens and what doesn't.

Thanks!

-- Mike