Powered paper airplanes!

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
I actually have one of these and have not had the chance to mess with it yet.

Bought it off of Woot.com some time ago.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Fold them some foam and electronics!
They're 5.5 and 2.75, but they're training on the simulator!

96a5dd77.jpg

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
That is a great little toy.... my son has a wind up paper plane launcher but that product
knocks that into a cocked hat (English expression)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hey BicycleMonkey! How well do they fly? Do they just mess around, or do they actually do something?

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
He really just messes around with it. He taxis around well but really has no grasp of orientation. It'll come though, he's only two after all. My 5yo girl can take it or leave it though.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Cool! That powering system kinda looks innovative :D

Nothin can beat a 2 year old training on a sim trying to follow the footsteps :D

oagh

That Powered paper airplanes is cool , I think my kid would love it for a few Nice days.

Last edited:

Banshee

our 6yr old can fly quite well on the simulator. He's even able to land it regularly! Our 4yr old can take off and fly, but not land and our 3yr old thinks it's fun to crash...

I don't think we'd ever get our kids inside if they had powered paper planes!

Páll Ágúst

Thats actually how I go into RC :p Me and my friend, we were going to built a plane out of corrugated paper :p We had a old TX and some RX with that and went to the only hobbystore in our city and bougth a inrunner motor. We just had a on/off swithc and some old NiCd batteries. It didn't work out so we bult a howercraft using the motor and the paper with some wooden grill sticks, glue and LEGO bricks :p Unfortunately I don't have a photo of it :(

earthsciteach

That is AWESOME! How did the hovercraft work for you? Oh, and how is life in the most volcanically active spot on Earth? I SO want to get there someday!!!

Páll Ágúst

Taknx, the life here is grate :) No eruption this year, yet :p Geologists say it is not long until the next one starts, we'r waiting :p
But the hovercraft worked pretty well, we took it to school and showed it to our classmates, and flew/drove it in the hall. It is now somewhere under a desk at my friends house and needs a little repair :p