Powering up a servo centering tool

CapnBry

Elite member
I gotta say I can't believe I didn't think of it before it was suggested, but the USB power idea is brilliant. Made a quick connector and I can keep it plugged in to the tester all the time so I don't ever have to go searching for a battery and a BEC every time I need to center a servo. Thanks, @CarolineTyler! I did a "great job" with the heatshrink though, as always.
emot-smith.gif

DSC06399.JPG

This should not be seen as an endorsement of the CellMeter 8, as it is complete garbage, do not buy. Its settings reset every time you pull the power so it always starts in battery test mode, and the servo endpoints are reset to 500-2500 which could damage a servo if it doesn't support that wide a range. I also opened it up and stuffed foam tape over the beeper inside because it is deafeningly loud and (resets to) enabled every time you use it. I'm too cheap to buy another tester for the $4 or whatever though.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I gotta say I can't believe I didn't think of it before it was suggested, but the USB power idea is brilliant. Made a quick connector and I can keep it plugged in to the tester all the time so I don't ever have to go searching for a battery and a BEC every time I need to center a servo. Thanks, @CarolineTyler! I did a "great job" with the heatshrink though, as always.
emot-smith.gif

View attachment 131291

This should not be seen as an endorsement of the CellMeter 8, as it is complete garbage, do not buy. Its settings reset every time you pull the power so it always starts in battery test mode, and the servo endpoints are reset to 500-2500 which could damage a servo if it doesn't support that wide a range. I also opened it up and stuffed foam tape over the beeper inside because it is deafeningly loud and (resets to) enabled every time you use it. I'm too cheap to buy another tester for the $4 or whatever though.
Glad you found the tip useful (y)