Powering vTX

jerryn

strange, I had an ESC in a wing puff magic smoke a year ago and lost servo controls and CRASHED not all ESC are built equal many are not even close to the amps they state they are

but because I powered my FPV gear off the balance lead I had a first person view as I augured in, thats when I began to do this UBEC powering to the RECEIVER, FLIGHT CONTROLLER & FPV gear due to loss of FPV image when another ESC blew a year or so ago....I no longer loose my fpv image or SERVO CONTROL from ESC failure

or a battery connectors like a xt60 cold solder joint fails.....and AGAIN you crash

powering video and RX from a source other than the ESC using a $5 UBEC is cheap insurance.... View attachment 171668

My RMRC Recruit ESC BEC runs on the hot site when the Cricket VTX is up at full power so I don't do that anymore.
I prefer to run the FPV from another battery. I've been using Strix 1s 500ma batteries for the V
I don't want to loose SERVO Control.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
My RMRC Recruit ESC BEC runs on the hot site when the Cricket VTX is up at full power so I don't do that anymore.
I prefer to run the FPV from another battery. I've been using Strix 1s 500ma batteries for the V
I don't want to loose SERVO Control.
I dont have overheating equipment so I dont need a second battery and the additional weight from a second batt, but thats great you have no loss of servo contro same idea diff approach (y)