Powerplant Choice

BayDesigns

I’m picking parts for an FPV Eclipson EGW-80, which will be printed in PLA instead of LW-PLA, mostly due to cost. I’m having trouble determining what motor/ESC/prop combo to use, since I want something that’s efficient and lightweight but will still give me decent performance, hopefully enough for some medium acro flying. I’d also like to keep the motor fairly cheap- ideally under 30 dollars. I’m not looking for some crazy 2:1 thrust to weight ratio, but I want to have the power to: A) get out of trouble and make a pretty steep climb out on takeoff and B) I’d like to be able to fly kind of fast. I’m looking at the FT Radials, but I’m not sure 1180Kv is enough to get an airplane with a takeoff weight of 750 grams or more to fly well. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

BayDesigns

Update- I’ve picked the SunnySky 1250kv X2216 v3 for my motor. I’ll be buying both an 8060 and 9047 prop to experiment with what gets a better flight time. I’ll pick out an ESC, but my main question now is whether to get the long or short shaft version- I can’t see how the short shaft would take a prop, but I’m sure someone here can advise me on which to purchase. Thanks in advance.