LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have flown Eclipson's Prandtl in RealFlight9. It is interesting, but I'm not sure it flys like it will in real life. Finally got around to doing some gluing tonight. Need to work on my aiignment and accelerator spraying. Seems like I get it perfect, then things shift a bit when I grab the spray bottle. Part of it is squatting on the floor rather than working on a good build table.......
GluingWingz.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Hope to work on it tomorrow. Been unable to do much this week. Need to extend the servo wires, finish gluing the wings to the center, and glue the control surfaces up. Then it should be all screws and tape from there.

LB

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Flew the prandtl in realflight and was hooked. Printing left wing in red inspired by @LitterBug.
I've been flying in RealFlight9 too. Have not been to the field in a long time and need to get out soon before the weather turns. I finally got a 100 pack of the M2 self tapping screws yesterday. Time to finish all my eclipsing builds.

Cheers¡
LitterBug

jpot1

Elite member
How are folks doing their hinges on these? I used packing tape with super glue like in their build video and not thrilled with the look of the result. Pics?

jpot1

Elite member
Sadly mine did not survive the maiden launch. The Eclipson version is too big to hand toss or side arm. Bungee would have helped but I don’t have one. Tried a 3/4 throttle overhead toss from a buddy. Nosed into the ground and both wings sheared off along with damage to the center section and motor mount. Pretty much a total loss.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Sadly mine did not survive the maiden launch. The Eclipson version is too big to hand toss or side arm. Bungee would have helped but I don’t have one. Tried a 3/4 throttle overhead toss from a buddy. Nosed into the ground and both wings sheared off along with damage to the center section and motor mount. Pretty much a total loss.
I've been flying the Prandtl in Realflight. Launches easy in there, but it does seem to need quite a bit of speed and is a fast flyer. I'll keep your experience in mind when I get the opportunity to maiden mine. I found two videos on YouTube of maidens. 1 bungee, and 1 hand launched.

Any pictures of the aftermath? I'm curious too see what is left when these things land too quickly...

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

jpot1

Elite member
I've been flying the Prandtl in Realflight. Launches easy in there, but it does seem to need quite a bit of speed and is a fast flyer. I'll keep your experience in mind when I get the opportunity to maiden mine. I found two videos on YouTube of maidens. 1 bungee, and 1 hand launched.

Any pictures of the aftermath? I'm curious too see what is left when these things land too quickly...

Cheers!
LitterBug
Yeah I saw the one YouTube hand toss and it looked easy. In my frustration after I pulled my servos out and since the motor mount was hanging I pitched the rest in the trash at the field. In general the failure points seemed to be wherever there was a hole for a screw.

I may come back and redo with LW-PLA which hoping I’ll get from the wife for my bday next month. In the meantime printing a much simpler wing design - check out FLOWing1 on thingiverse. Definitely looks hand tossable.

Keno

Yeah I saw the one YouTube hand toss and it looked easy. In my frustration after I pulled my servos out and since the motor mount was hanging I pitched the rest in the trash at the field. In general the failure points seemed to be wherever there was a hole for a screw.

I may come back and redo with LW-PLA which hoping I’ll get from the wife for my bday next month. In the meantime printing a much simpler wing design - check out FLOWing1 on thingiverse. Definitely looks hand tossable.

You will love the weight loss with LW-PLA, love It and I am hooked on it. Note the interior stringing you will have to accept that for the weight loss.

Attachments

• IMG_0124[281].jpg
    IMG_0124[281].jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

DrArroway

Thank you,
I still have some stuff to figure it out, and an improve version will folow. With less tape, less weight, a proper integration of the servos (at the good place this time ^^) and a foldable propeller.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Hi, here is my version, I haven't a lot of experience in RC model, so I can't really tell if its fly great, but it's fly even with my lack of pilot skill, so it shouldn't be too bad ^^

A little video:

And a picture:
View attachment 181472
Looks, like it flew great. I'm a bit jealous of your flying field. That said. It looked to have good proverse yaw characteristics.

DrArroway

Looks, like it flew great. I'm a bit jealous of your flying field. That said. It looked to have good proverse yaw characteristics.
Thanks, I grow up there, I forgoted a little how a beautiful place it is, but yeah it's a really cool place. Yep that's the point I did not fly enought other planes for know how adverse yaw should normally feel. And it's what I'm wondering, if I got some proverse yaw.

I will make an other video with sharp turns and other stuff for see. The weather is really bad here for now, so I can't fly and after I'il go in hollyday in the Alpes, it will be an amazing place too, but I'm a little afraid to loose it somewhere where is not reachable ^^. If I dont fly there it will be in a week or so...

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Thanks, I grow up there, I forgoted a little how a beautiful place it is, but yeah it's a really cool place. Yep that's the point I did not fly enought other planes for know how adverse yaw should normally feel. And it's what I'm wondering, if I got some proverse yaw.

I will make an other video with sharp turns and other stuff for see. The weather is really bad here for now, so I can't fly and after I'il go in hollyday in the Alpes, it will be an amazing place too, but I'm a little afraid to loose it somewhere where is not reachable ^^. If I dont fly there it will be in a week or so...
I'll be on the look out for it. You don't realize how things are until you leave and get perspective. I look at the town I grew up ('til 6) as lame, but as an adult... it's looking more appealing.