• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

presenting the Nitro baron

Bricks

Nice job that coroplast can be some strong stuff and cheap. Have a local sign shop I can get there pieces and left overs for free. Looks like you are flying that on 72KH with the long antenna.

Nice job that coroplast can be some strong stuff and cheap. Have a local sign shop I can get there pieces and left overs for free. Looks like you are flying that on 72KH with the long antenna.
yes i still fly with 72Mhz, i have a pacemaker and any 2.4Ghz radio makes it do strange things like recording false heart troubles. my doctor and i have decided when holding a radio the body becomes part of the antennas groundplane and that causes the issue. i can have friends stand right next to me using a spektrum radio with no issues but the moment i take the radio in hand it goes wonky.

maiden went well, no major surprises, just minor tweaks, the throws on the ailerons are awesome but the elevator leaves it wanting more. easy enough to fix but i will look into that after i add another ounce to the nose she felt slightly tail heavy. did make one major change before flight, the rudder had a nasty warp grow in it so i made a new one an swapped it out.

i also tossed on some more color with wine wing an tail markings and i am very glad i did, it can roll like a drill bit.

DSCF5176.JPG

the bloody noisy baron earned his stripes today.
after much testing at my airfeild he made a showing at a funfly today, many flights were made much to the crowds pleasure and there was even a midair which it flew out of with no damage except a few scratches.