Printing FT plans

Tarpman

Benn browsing the threads for a while. Few years ago I built the Storch, came out great. It got destroyed during a move. I recently Decided to build the PT 40, from the free plans. I use my android phone and tablet for everything, printing work orders, proposals for customers etc. I have and still print a lot of pdf's from Adobe. No matter what I do I can't print these plans correctly. Scale is always off. Can anybody please help. I have spare moters, Escalon and everything else I need to get going, I even finally found some DTF that was nice and flat.

Brian

Tarpman

make sure you don't have any 'scale to fit' options set when you go to print it. make sure it is set to print at 100% scale (nothing bigger or smaller).

Thanks for responding. I dont have any settings that I can find like that, like on the PC, haven'thad PCset up for a whilenow do everythingon mobile. Maybe being mobile version. I was able to use a different Epson app (I have Epson xp5100) and got a page printed were the scale was of by 1/8" over the 4" scale (2-3mm over the whole cm scale), so not much. The printed area is 7.75" x 10.25". Is that enough to give me problems while building? Thanks

Corsair714

Thanks for responding. I dont have any settings that I can find like that, like on the PC, haven'thad PCset up for a whilenow do everythingon mobile. Maybe being mobile version. I was able to use a different Epson app (I have Epson xp5100) and got a page printed were the scale was of by 1/8" over the 4" scale (2-3mm over the whole cm scale), so not much. The printed area is 7.75" x 10.25". Is that enough to give me problems while building? Thanks
I think you'd be fine. Some things might be a bit loose, but I wouldn't worry about. Just use a little extra glue. ;)

titanan

Benn browsing the threads for a while. Few years ago I built the Storch, came out great. It got destroyed during a move. I recently Decided to build the PT 40, from the free plans. I use my android phone and tablet for everything, printing work orders, proposals for customers etc. I have and still print a lot of pdf's from Adobe. No matter what I do I can't print these plans correctly. Scale is always off. Can anybody please help. I have spare moters, Escalon and everything else I need to get going, I even finally found some DTF that was nice and flat.

Brian
Hey mate. Can you print the plans without white spaces on the edges? Pls help if you can. When ım printing from adobe there is 25mm empty space in the sides so ı cant tape the plans properly. Pls help.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hey mate. Can you print the plans without white spaces on the edges? Pls help if you can. When ım printing from adobe there is 25mm empty space in the sides so ı cant tape the plans properly. Pls help.
That's the way it should be - you'll have to cut the sides in order to get them to fit properly. I always lay all 8 pages (they come in sets of 8, 4 pages per row, two rows) and then, starting from the top left, cut the right and bottom margins off. Move right, then cut just the right margins for the bottom row. Then all the pages should line up properly. I usually use a ruler and lay the paper on a scrap piece of foamboard to let me get clean cuts without damaging my work desk.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
You'll always have to cut the plans down, if you're using from an A4 or Letter size tiled plan, printed at 100% scale. It's done that way because 4 sheets across, 2 sheets down, ends up covering 22" x 34" (if using 8 1/2" x 11" paper), and the foamboard is 20" x 30".

I will take the plans and use my wife's scrapbook paper trimmer (it's a Fiskars Paper Trimmer) to trim off the extra paper, so that I get a nice, straight line, and then tape them together so that I can then glue it down onto the foamboard and cut it out. You can certainly use the ruler like @The Hangar suggested; I just happen to have the paper trimmer from my wife's craft stuff, so I use that instead. :)

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...When ım printing from adobe there is 25mm empty space in the sides so ı cant tape the plans properly. Pls help.
I agree with the others, just cut off the border.
You only need to cut off 2 sides, a top or a bottom and a right or a left. It doesn’t matter which sides you cut off, so long as you are consistent. Example: always cut off the tops and right sides. Just pick 2 adjacent sides.