Printing my ME109 Tony

SirGouk

Printing RC Planes … hmmmm … why not.

I got myself a nice and cheap Troxy X1 3d Printer, some nice Extensions from Thingiverse, the local Toolstore and a plan from 3dLabs and here we go.

Here are some pics from the printing process

IMG_2285.JPG

IMG_2289.JPG

IMG_2284.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

SirGouk

Yesterday i did some artwork on the plane. Just some basic me paint scheme with some nice decals. Weathering will be done in the next step

here's the fuselage … the pic of the wing will follow

IMG_2453.jpg

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
very nice. i have mine printed but have not assemble it yet. i'm kinda concerned about the belly landing on our rough dirt field.

20180509_171601.jpg

SirGouk

@SirGouk, you may want to consider increasing your retraction in future prints. It should make your insides look a lot cleaner!
Hi Chuppster thx for th hint, i already did this … the print-pic's are from the first print … i missed to do some pic from the second print with the higher retraction distance an speed

Chuppster

Hi Chuppster thx for th hint, i already did this … the print-pic's are from the first print … i missed to do some pic from the second print with the higher retraction distance an speed

Cool! Have fun with it, and give yourself plenty of room to land. It can be tricky to get this bird to slow down.

SirGouk

Damn … yesterday i just wanted to finally mount all the electronics and setup the receiver for the maiden flight which is planned for Saturday... It turned into a nightmare as i noticed that one of the aileron servos was tilt by some CA glue ... It took me two hours to remove the glued-in servo from the wing and replace it … after that i noticed that the pushrods for the elevator and the rudder are too short … and finally the printed spinner cracked during the motor test ;-( …

… So, there are still some things to do this evening, at least my wattmeter showed me some nice numbers … 4S will bring up to 350Watts on full speed on a Turnigy D3530/14 1100KV with a 8x6 prop … :)

Chuppster

Damn … yesterday i just wanted to finally mount all the electronics and setup the receiver for the maiden flight which is planned for Saturday... It turned into a nightmare as i noticed that one of the aileron servos was tilt by some CA glue ... It took me two hours to remove the glued-in servo from the wing and replace it … after that i noticed that the pushrods for the elevator and the rudder are too short … and finally the printed spinner cracked during the motor test ;-( …

… So, there are still some things to do this evening, at least my wattmeter showed me some nice numbers … 4S will bring up to 350Watts on full speed on a Turnigy D3530/14 1100KV with a 8x6 prop … :)

I like to use hot glue for the servos. A little denatured alcohol will expedite removal :).

SirGouk

Hi, the maiden flight was pretty nice. Start was a bit tricky but after a bit of trimming of few really nice ... and Yes it landed in one piece ;-)