printing?

FlyVirginia

Hello,
Just wondering how do you print on 20x30" foamboard pieces or paper to transfer to foam board for plans?
thanks

FDS

Elite member
Print the TILED plans on regular paper, then either make templates by sticking it to card, which you can use over and over, or use spray mount (not contact adhesive) to stick the plans to the foamboard, cut it out, then you can peel the plans off again. Just be careful not to peel off the foam board paper when you peel the plans, spray mount is designed to be removable and won’t hurt the board.
If you make templates then at least you have them for spare parts/crash repair.

FlyVirginia

Print the TILED plans on regular paper, then either make templates by sticking it to card, which you can use over and over, or use spray mount (not contact adhesive) to stick the plans to the foamboard, cut it out, then you can peel the plans off again. Just be careful not to peel off the foam board paper when you peel the plans, spray mount is designed to be removable and won’t hurt the board.
If you make templates then at least you have them for spare parts/crash repair.
thanks, I didn't see the tiled option earlier.

FDS

Elite member
Easy to miss, watch the scaling. Print a test page and measure the scale printed on the pages.

b-29er

If you have a print shop near you, you could also have them print a copy on a plotter. I've had plans printed out like that before. Print at home is a touch cheaper but you dont have to cut and paste your plans together.

Reactions: FDS

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Easy to miss, watch the scaling. Print a test page and measure the scale printed on the pages.

DEFINITELY watch the scaling. I went to print some plans early on and found my printer was printing at 103%; things weren't lining up and it didn't fit the 20x30 foamboard sheets. Wasted a bit of paper a couple of times doing it...