Robbi30

HI to everyone!

I have a problem with my charger. When I connect it to power I expecting that the three LEDs that indacate the ''charge status" of each cell are/became green, which indicating that the charger works properly but this non happens. Two leds remains red and only one is green (the situation does not change if I waiting).

I try to charge my Li-po battery anyway (Li-po battery 800mAh - 25c - 11.1V - 3celle ) but also after 5hours I just have the two leds red and one green and through a tester I verified that the voltage level of my battery is the same than when I put it to recharge (10.8V).

(I'm working on a project where I need that the voltage level is not lower than 10.5V so I need a full charge)

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-01 at 19.25.03.jpeg

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
can you read individual cell voltage on your battery? i'm gonna guess your charger is bad but want to confirm battery is ok first.

laters,

me :cool:

Robbi30

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am able to read the individual cells and result respectly: 3.36 V , 3.47 V , 4.16 V.

(From the manual: LiPo batteries are fully charged when they reach 4.2v/cell, and their minimum safe charge is 3.0v/cell. 3.7v is a median value, and that is the nominal charge of the cell) So I think the Li-po battery it is ok.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
The battery is way out of balance. It looks like it charged cell three , thus the green light on cell three but it made no attempt to charge the other two. This is not a good place for the battery to be. If you attempt to run any motors on this battery you will pull the two low cells further down. Ideally you should not let the cell drop below 3.6-3.7V.

There are options to pump up the two low cells but none of them pretty or necessarily safe.

d8veh

Elite member
The charger is showing two red and one green before you connect the battery, so there must be something wrong with it. They're very cheap, so you can buy another one. Did you have some sort of accident with it or did it become faulty by itself?

Robbi30

The charger is showing two red and one green before you connect the battery, so there must be something wrong with it. They're very cheap, so you can buy another one. Did you have some sort of accident with it or did it become faulty by itself?

Thanks for the reply.

No, I had not have accidents... this is the third time that I use it! The others times it worked correctly :confused: