Problem with DX6i re-programming itself

tyoho

This has happened a couple of times now and it's staring to tick me off.
My Spectrum DX6i seems to be re-programming itself.
It randomly turns mixes on and off and sometimes inverts the mix values.
Today it turned on a aileron-elevator mix on both mix 1 and 2, in my Spitfire program with annoying results.
The spitfire program worked fine yesterday and I didn't make any program adjustments.
I have four models programmed and two of them use both mixes to do elevons, and those mixes are not switch activated.
Since this has happened to me a couple of times, I always check the control directions before I launch.
I guess I could have not noticed that the ailerons were moving when I moved the elevator this last time.
I haven't had it glitch while I was flying, and hope that it is only happening when I switch models.
Has any one experienced this problem before?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Tyoho,

first a double check -- are either of the mixes/rates/expos tied to a switch? (this gets me FAR more often than it should) If you've got your rates/expo/mixes set funny they *can* reverse control surface directions. and it's hard to notice that switch was flipped between flying days.

If that's OK, I'd call this a defect. Call up Horizon Hobby -- The run support for the spektrum radios and their customer support is among the best. Good chance they'll have to have you it shipped in, but if your memory is going bad this is not something you want to "live with" -- it'll only get worse in really bad ways.

tyoho

Tyoho,

first a double check -- are either of the mixes/rates/expos tied to a switch? (this gets me FAR more often than it should) If you've got your rates/expo/mixes set funny they *can* reverse control surface directions. and it's hard to notice that switch was flipped between flying days.

If that's OK, I'd call this a defect. Call up Horizon Hobby -- The run support for the spektrum radios and their customer support is among the best. Good chance they'll have to have you it shipped in, but if your memory is going bad this is not something you want to "live with" -- it'll only get worse in really bad ways.

The mixes are not tied to a switch. I had some fun finding out about that feature already.
I guess I need to hit up Horizon's customer service. Just wanted to see if it was a known issue.

tramsgar

Yep, call them up and get back some on that Spektrum price tag. Had it been a dx7 or higher, I'd recommended a fw upgrade.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Today it turned on a aileron-elevator mix on both mix 1 and 2, in my Spitfire program with annoying results.
Are you really doing the mixes right or are you trying to program more than one mix for the same result? Wing-Tail setup is pages 44-45 in my old manual and do not need the MIX1 and MIX2.

tyoho

Are you really doing the mixes right or are you trying to program more than one mix for the same result? Wing-Tail setup is pages 44-45 in my old manual and do not need the MIX1 and MIX2.

I didn't do any mixes. They were both set to inactive and then turned themselves on.
They also were not assigned to a switch.