Problem with Receiver or transmitter.

Hey guys i bought a orange t-six 6ch transmitter and a 6ch orange receiver. I plugged it all up but the flaps wont work.

I put them in AUX 1 on the receiver, which i assume is correct.

But im not sure if its the transmitter or the receiver thats the problem. Can anyone advise on how i am able to tell?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Does the auxiliary channel need to be activated, and/or set to a switch with this transmitter?

If it's anything like the DX6i, yes then it needs to be enabled. Do you want flaps separate from ailerons or do you want flaperons?

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Did you understand #29 on page 18 in the manual ? Zero values does not give a lot of throw............ t6flap.jpg

earthsciteach

I don't think pgerts was intending to be rude. It's probably just a subtlety of language. He's Swedish and a very nice, helpful guy.

Still having a little trouble with the flaps. When i turn on the plane the flaps go down a bit. Then when i activate them they go down more. Also the left flap goes down further than the right.

earthsciteach

The first issue sounds like you need to mechanically center the servos. You can do that by taking the screw holding the servo arm on, pulling off the arm, repositioning and replacing the arm. And, if you have a clevis on the control rod that is threaded, you can make fine alignment adjustments, there.

The second issue may be fixed mechanically, or you may need to change the endpoints of the servo that is moving farther with radio programming. How is that transmitter to work with, so far?

The radio is pretty easy so work with. I like it. Ill try and do what you said in the morning.

What do you mean change the endpoints of the server?

earthsciteach

Sorry. Endpoints of servo. You should be able to adjust the distance each servo rotates. If one servo is traveling farther than the other, you can make the longer one move less or, perhaps, the shorter one move more.

Sorry man i misinterpreted the way you said it. I cant take the servo horn off because it is glued to the plane and cant get to it.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Is it a plane you have assembled yourself or a RTF? Any Picture will help. There are ways to adjust the pushrods mechaically if the servo is not too far offset. Are you using the gear channel? Perhaps use that with a mix from the flap to be able to adjust the thows in the transmitter?

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Nice Pictures - but it would certainly have told a lot more if the Pictures had shown the servo and pushrod. Are the gears retracts or do you have a spare channel on your receiver? If the gears are fixed and you have the gear channel then you can put one of the flap servos to that channel and mix them in the transmitter.