Problem With takeoff

Orion D

Hello everybody,
I'm new to this thread and the hobby.
I got a FT Explorer for Christmas with the power pack B. It flew great the first 5 flights, but then it was wrecked. I purchased another FT explorer Kit and installed the electronics. When I went to test fly it, it did not seem to want to gain altitude. I messed with the thrust angle but I didn't help. It seems under powered, but the electronics are the same as the first plane that flew fine.
It would be great to get some ideas and feed back that might help fix this problem.
Thanks so much,
Orion D

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
  • check that the motor spins freely by hand (IE something causing the motor to not spin well)
  • reset your ESC (set throttle to full before plugging in, wait for the first set of beeps, set throttle to minimum, wait again)
  • check your control surfaces

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Check if you have the prop on the correct way, the numbers should be facing the direction of travel. If you put it on backwards, you'll only get about 40% of the power you should.

Orion D

Check if you have the prop on the correct way, the numbers should be facing the direction of travel. If you put it on backwards, you'll only get about 40% of the power you should.
Thank you so much, You were correct about the positioning of the prop. I'm very grateful for your help.
Orion