Problems of frequency control.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Umm nope, the comment about the school wasnt regarding interception of an illegal signal, it was for when they key up and crash your plane since a 25 watt signal on a good antenna drowns a 100 milliwatt signal. However, since the crystals are cheap, it might be worth buying a set and see if they work.
yea i get what you are saying.... buti can also find out what frequency the armed response guys use and just not use that frequency.... when i last checked the 35mhz band is still exclusive to rc aircraft....

Piotrsko

Master member
Looked there, not a single AM set listed unless I go attempting to use a hitech set that was supposed to have been made by futaba sometimes. 35mhz is an odd british band similar to the US 27 mhz 10 meter chicken band, obsoleted maybe 30 years ago but still useable. We still use 27 mhz for currently active ground operations like cars and boats. I have some 27 equipment, but wouldn't use it in a plane for fear of crashing uncontrollably

boogieloo

Won't that be in the range of FM radios users? Maybe a little lower, still in the high frequency range. Any way the receivers are paired, so this using of which frequency range won't matter. It is just the equipment used and the technology they go on.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Looked there, not a single AM set listed unless I go attempting to use a hitech set that was supposed to have been made by futaba sometimes. 35mhz is an odd british band similar to the US 27 mhz 10 meter chicken band, obsoleted maybe 30 years ago but still useable. We still use 27 mhz for currently active ground operations like cars and boats. I have some 27 equipment, but wouldn't use it in a plane for fear of crashing uncontrollably
i've found my radio transmitting on 35mz at 300milli wats to give me pretty decent range

quorneng

Master member
35mz in the UK is definitely still used, I do!
It is now quite a bit easier than it was simply because virtually everybody is on 2.4.
At a recent club 'fly in' with at least 50 planes present at the morning briefing the organiser asked is anyone flying on 35? Just two of us responded. We established we used different well spaced frequencies so no peg board or anything like that, we just got on with flying.