problems with KK2.0 board

speedyAK

Hello all, New to multirotor but an rc plane veteran.

I've ran into some problems with my kk2.0 board since i got it. i followed the instructions from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6K4NXoq-Qk
which show up around 26 mins and 30 mins. after following the instructions, i set it back to the safe screen and the following happen:
1. the beeper kept beeping erratically.
2. i have no controls over the throttle, yaw, or anything. i move around the sticks and nothing happens.
3. the battery voltage read 0.0V on my screen on the kk2.0 board.

i'm feeling really let down after these things happened. I tried looking online for any trouble shooting to fix these things but i came up with nothing.

Many thanks to whoever is able to help.

speedy

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
1. See 3
2. Check that the wires from your receiver to your board are correct. Outer edge of the board is Ground. Do the receiver test.
3. You have to solder a wire from the positive battery wire of the harness to the appropriate position on the KK board (be careful as the spot you will be soldering to is quite small) Most people solder in a single pin and use a single servo type wire to plug onto the pin.

Hope this helps.

Thurmond

speedyAK

thanks Thurmond!

I found the spots where the small joints are supposed to go. i'm gonna go make the solders right now since i can't sleep.

Thanks again!

robschonk

Hello all, New to multirotor but an rc plane veteran.

I've ran into some problems with my kk2.0 board since i got it. i followed the instructions from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6K4NXoq-Qk
which show up around 26 mins and 30 mins. after following the instructions, i set it back to the safe screen and the following happen:
1. the beeper kept beeping erratically.
2. i have no controls over the throttle, yaw, or anything. i move around the sticks and nothing happens.
3. the battery voltage read 0.0V on my screen on the kk2.0 board.

i'm feeling really let down after these things happened. I tried looking online for any trouble shooting to fix these things but i came up with nothing.

Many thanks to whoever is able to help.

speedy

2. Did you arm your board? Normally after you apply power, you see the menu. Move your throttle stick to the lower right position, a red led comes on on the board, and the display says "armed". To disarm the board, move the throttle to the lower left.

Moving the sticks won't do anything unless you have some throttle cranked in, and then it just changes the speed of the motors. It's not like a fixed wing where the servos wiggle.

Last edited:

speedyAK

when i was reading the hobbyking manual on the kk2.0 board, i had originally thought the armed and disarm mode were for testing. it didn't come to my mind that it was to fly and control the tricopter. But thanks for the input.

I managed to fix the voltage reading on the lcd screen by connecting the board to the battery with the appropriate connection spots.