Help! Problems with my Flysky Fs-i6

prendon66

I tried binding my receiver to my transmitter but it never pops up on the display. The red led on the receiver never stops blinking.

Attachments

• 15559904086963217851942916388859.jpg
    15559904086963217851942916388859.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Make sure that the Rx you are binding is capable of doing AFHDS 2A There are some AFHDS single antenna Rxs around and if you are trying to bind one with the Tx you will need to change the Tx operating mode to AFHDS before it will bind!

Just a thought!

HAve fun!

sundown57

Legendary member
also, make sure your output mode is set to PWM not PPM. If you hold both sticks to the bottom left ,then turn the transmitter on it will enter a submenu you can set bind from there also. might make a difference

prendon66

also, make sure your output mode is set to PWM not PPM. If you hold both sticks to the bottom left ,then turn the transmitter on it will enter a submenu you can set bind from there also. might make a difference
I turned off PPM, but could not find PWM. And binding through the sub menu did not work either

prendon66

All great suggestions, @prendon66 feed us some more info and we’ll help you get this sorted out.

And welcome!
This is how I'm trying to bind. After the plug in everything. I hold the bind button and turn it on and it says "Rx Bind Ok", right away but the Rx never appears on the display, even after I remove the bind plug from the receiver. Should I return it and buy another one?

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190423_100000.jpg
    MVIMG_20190423_100000.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 0
  • MVIMG_20190423_100005.jpg
    MVIMG_20190423_100005.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 0
  • MVIMG_20190423_100023.jpg
    MVIMG_20190423_100023.jpg
    10.7 MB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
This is how I'm trying to bind. After the plug in everything. I hold the bind button and turn it on and it says "Rx Bind Ok", right away but the Rx never appears on the display, even after I remove the bind plug from the receiver. Should I return it and buy another one?
Can you control the motor or servos? If you can, it’s bound, I would look to other menu items. I have the older FlySky system & don’t know how the new system works.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Okay, I’m out on the road so I can’t help with pics. But that’s an older receiver.
You need to switch the transmitter to the older protocols...
It’s under the settings (if I had mine here I could walk you right through it)

Afhds is what the receiver talks and the transmitter is speaking afhds2a protocol.

Just switch it in the transmitter and you should be golden!

prendon66

Okay, I’m out on the road so I can’t help with pics. But that’s an older receiver.
You need to switch the transmitter to the older protocols...
It’s under the settings (if I had mine here I could walk you right through it)

Afhds is what the receiver talks and the transmitter is speaking afhds2a protocol.

Just switch it in the transmitter and you should be golden!
My receiver says afhds2a. I still tried it and didn't work.

Brianna81

My receiver says afhds2a. I still tried it and didn't work.
You tried the afhds on your transmitter? Sounds like one of the two might be bad. Do you have a local group of other fliers? Maybe somebody would let you try to bind your Tx to their plane and vice versa, bind their Tx to your receiver. Using known working equipment for testing can really help.

bracesport

Legendary member
Normally when you bind the screen will say something like binding and then bind ok if bound - pre binding the Rx light will blink fast - when bound it will slow blink - after that I would normally pull the bind key out and the light will now be steady - power down Rx and Tx - re power with servo connected should be the next step?

Still have problems - If you don’t have the manual get it online - In the Tx go to the settings menu and explore options - you should be looking for output options and PWM for that Rx.

if the Tx and Rx came together they should work and the Rx would normally be pre bound.

Brianna81

Normally when you bind the screen will say something like binding and then bind ok if bound - pre binding the Rx light will blink fast - when bound it will slow blink - after that I would normally pull the bind key out and the light will now be steady - power down Rx and Tx - re power with servo connected should be the next step?

Still have problems - If you don’t have the manual get it online - In the Tx go to the settings menu and explore options - you should be looking for output options and PWM for that Rx.

if the Tx and Rx came together they should work and the Rx would normally be pre bound.

I'm going to post steal a little bit here, but I don't think this is worthy of it's own post, and it's kinda related to prendon66's question. I'm attaching a picture of the 2 transmitters that are coming in the mail with the fs-i6 I got on eBay. Obviously the one labeled to match the transmitter should work, but the other one is different. Maybe an old one the seller didn't need and threw into this auction to make it sell better. Anybody recognize that one, and am I going to have similar issues with binding? It's still in the mail, so I can't verify anything yet, I'm just getting my ducks in a row before they hatch :D

**Edit** I may have already found my answer after some quick research on eBay's related items. Looks like that other one may be a fs-r6b receiver, using the slightly older AFHDS PPM protocol, which based on what everybody said to prendon66, I should just need to make the changes in the Tx you told him to try if I want to use that receiver. Cool cool. So another question, and one that might help prendon if he gets that one working and gets a second receiver as well, the fs-i6 can store multiple models. Does this include saving the protocol types in each model, or does that just save trim and what not, but you have to change protocols (sorry if that's the wrong term, I'm thinking of this in IT terms) every time manually?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190424-014245.jpg
    Screenshot_20190424-014245.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Ziad

Hello,
I have a Flysky i6 and I can’t enter the menu anymore to calibrate the sticks, I put the 2 sticks to the left and turn on the radio nothing happens, gets only to the main screen..