Hey
i just finished my first tricopter, mountet the KK2 board
connected the ESC in the order that i understod
Left ESC = Channel 1
Right ESC = Channel 2
Rear ESC = Channel 3
YAW servo = Channel 4

But i have the following isues / Problems

1. Motor 1(Left) Spins up at low throttle,,, if i giv the throttle max all spins up , this only happens at low throttle, alle motors spin down and motor one keeps gowing and speeds up.

2. i Ordered the ESC without BEC, and have connected an UBEC to the last channel in the reciver, is thet the correct way ?

3. i have no reaction from the Servo.. .yet...

And last a Question.... when the guide says CW and CCW
is CW = Normal rotating Prop ?
and CCW = R Prop ?

Hope someone can helpe a Tri-Noob get airborn ;)

/Best regards
Jacob Ipsen

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Hey
i just finished my first tricopter, mountet the KK2 board
connected the ESC in the order that i understod
Left ESC = Channel 1
Right ESC = Channel 2
Rear ESC = Channel 3
YAW servo = Channel 4

But i have the following isues / Problems

1. Motor 1(Left) Spins up at low throttle,,, if i giv the throttle max all spins up , this only happens at low throttle, alle motors spin down and motor one keeps gowing and speeds up.
Fairly normal if you haven't calibrated the esc's. You can also adjust the minimum throttle setting in the misc. setting menu. I think most people keep it around 20.

2. i Ordered the ESC without BEC, and have connected an UBEC to the last channel in the reciver, is thet the correct way ?
Usually the KK2 is powered from M1 (motor 1) port but if it's working the way you have it, it doesn't seem to be an issue.

3. i have no reaction from the Servo.. .yet...
Power to the servo comes from the M2 port (motor 2). You will need to find a way to get power to that port. Most people use an ESC with the BEC built in but you can probably just use your UBEC with a separate lead to M2

And last a Question.... when the guide says CW and CCW
is CW = Normal rotating Prop ?
and CCW = R Prop ?
Yes

Hope someone can helpe a Tri-Noob get airborn ;)

/Best regards
Jacob Ipsen
I hope this helps.
I also want to say Welcome!

JacobIpsen

Hey
THANKS for your response..

i have tryed to calibrate the ESC´s but same problem... maby i am dooing it wrong ;)

Do you know if only M2 that can used or can any M2-8 be used to power the Servo ?

Thanks ;) for you helt so far... i will try to calibrate the ESC again... ;)

/Jacob

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I just tested it since I was curious also. Any port from M2-8 will work. The board must be wired as a single buss on those ports.

JacobIpsen

hey ... i redit the ESC calibration, i must not have givent it enough time... now it seems to work..

Took an 3 pin cord and cut the white/yellow wire and connected it to Channel 7 on the reciver and to M8 and that seems to work ;)

it seems that i am ready to fly... ;)

THANK you so much !!!

/Jacob