Problems with Receiver on my new Gremlin Build

waynecollins

I just finished building my Gremlin, following TJ's Build Video. Everything went smoothly until I tried to configure the gremlin with Betaflight Configurator 10.8.0. Using Betaflight I can connect to the controller and the gyro is working fine, pitch/roll/yaw. My controller seemed to be up to date so I did not upgrade firmware as there was none available for my SPRACINGF3EVO, only SPRACINGF4EVO. It seemed to be working so I figured it was okay as is. I ran into a problem when I tried to configure the receiver (SPM4648 Serial Rx). I bound the Rx to my Tx and selected UART3 / Serial Receiver / SPEKTRUM2048 as TJ instructed and Save/Reboot. But no matter what I do the control indicators in BetaFlight will not respond to the transmitter inputs. I tried another SPM4648 that I had but that did not work either. Also I only get 3 beeps when I plug in the battery. Seems the ESC's are not initializing.
I think I did a pretty good job soldering the wires to the controller, so I don't think that's the problem. Any ideas as to what might be wrong ?
Thanks
Wayne

Attachments

• Gremlin.jpg
    Gremlin.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

waynecollins