Problems with simon 12v esc

HyperX

Hey,

im new to this forum. Looked through posts but didnt find solution. Well, thats my setup:
Have 4 9g servos, fly sky i6 2A rx, eco brushless motor and fly sky i6x tx.

Problem:
i connect everything together. Motor beeps as it should. Problem occurs when more than one command is applyed repeatedly. left, right, left, right and it starts beeping like it lost connection. everything still works, just motor stops for a second. Then again everything operates normal.

Problem is in esc, couse if i attach 30 or 40amp esc everything works fine. I dont belive its faulty esc. I tried two of them and its the same with both of them (12v).

Here's link to video about problem- https://files.fm/u/wbrsf4t5#/view/20191122_220744.mp4 . Can anyone tell me what the f** is going on. Im loosing my mind.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
It looks to me like you are drawing too many amps from the BEC. This is causing low voltage, your Rx is browning out & reboots.

You might try a capacitor and check the end points on your servos. Are any stalling out?

Last edited:

mach1 rc

Master member
Welcome to the forums. Great looking plane by the way. I've had the same problem except it was because my battery had such a low c rating and couldn't handle all the servos.

Bricks

Master member
Considering you do not have the prop on and still browning out the ESC I would look at a different ESC with more amperage. or a different one with the same amperage As stated above sounds like your ESC is bad if the above ESC has enough amperage to run your motor.

HyperX

It looks to me like you are drawing too many amps from the BEC. This is causing low voltage, your Rx is browning out & reboots.

You might try a capacitor and check the end points on your servos. Are any stalling out?

Tryed 470mF capacitor. It works like a charm. No problems. Thanks Merv. Sadly i found out that my motor is not powerful enough for bigger prop. So, tomorrow will try more powerful one. But for esc, capacitor worked.

HyperX

Welcome to the forums. Great looking plane by the way. I've had the same problem except it was because my battery had such a low c rating and couldn't handle all the servos.

Thanks on compliment. This is flitetest 3d plane, but modified as profile plane. Hope we'll test it tomorrow.