Product is out of stock Product is out of stock

blinkerz

I've noticed a fair few items in the store which are subjected to being 'Product is out of stock' for several weeks now, is there usually a very long period before items are back in the store.

I keep looking everyday to see if there is any update/changes, but of course don't want to keep doing so if out of stock items take months to be available to buy again.

Thanks

Johan

This might be the "flitetest effect".

I noticed some recommended parts (just an example for the Bat bone: Turnigy Park300, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14398) went out of stock when the batbone launched and have been on backorder since then.

I ordered some alternatives and they've been shipped now (But... to Sweden according to track and trace and I live in the Netherlands .... we'll see ... :( )

Kind regards, Johan

JasonEricAnderson

I've noticed a fair few items in the store which are subjected to being 'Product is out of stock' for several weeks now, Thanks
To clarify, you're talking about items in the FT-Store or HobbyKing?

I can't speak for HK but the FT-Store restocks pretty fast from what I've seen. If you ask about a specific product they may be able to offer an ETA on when it will be ready again.

blinkerz

Thanks for the responses:)

I was actually talking about the FliteTest store, which is why i posted on this forum section, sorry for the confusion. I did send off an email from this website regarding a couple of products i'm interested in purchasing, unfortunately there has not been any response.

I totally understand there busy though, which is why i decided to post here and get other peoples viewpoint.

Wish i didn't hold off ordering the Bat Bones kit now, i sat on the fence too long in hoping they might have put together a Vtail Bat Bones kit.

P.S HobbyKing is a nightmare ordering from as well, but there product page comments normally show if people have been waiting for a long time.

Johan

Well, I think I have to be the one to apologize for creating the confusion (re-reading your post).
I falsely assumed it was about HobbyKing, because I was pre-occupied with my own frustration I guess.

After my intended motors were out of stock for more than 2 weeks, I canceled the item in the order (order was about ~10 other items as well, all waiting for the motors) and ordered some substitutes.
These shipped fairly quickly, but to the wrong country..

But, i've read British customers experience the same (having items shipped to Sweden) and having them turn up at the front door a few days later. So I'm not too worried right now.

Funny / sad story: mailman showed up today with my other hobbyking order (which I was not able to track/trace...) asking for the fee (taxes/import clearance). I did not have the EXACT amount in my wallet, he didn't carry a mobile payment terminal and did not carry any change.... He DID have a mobile scanning/ connected device that registered the failed delivery before I could walk up the stairs however...

So, my package went back to the mail office and I can collect it there tomorrow.

There is room for improvement when it comes to the mail companies. My bat bone frame left the USPS "sorting facility" in Chicago on june 29th and has been "In transit" ever since..

Ok, sorry for the rant :) I din't want to take over this thread :)

Kind regards,
Johan

blinkerz

Its no problem, and good to vent sometimes, especially when it comes to delivery. There is never really any peace of mind until its actually in your hands:).

Im now curious if there will be charges from UPS for flitetest items, or if they to minimize the charges.

Johan

Im now curious if there will be charges from UPS for flitetest items, or if they to minimize the charges.

LOL, so am I :)

Anyway I'm looking at a minimum of 12 Euro (about 15.7 dollars), that is what our local (TPG = Dutch USPS) charges for customs clearance.
Furthermore, I'll have to pay 21% VAT (taxes) of the value of the package (I sure hop that does not include the shipping costs ....)

My Bat bone frame left the US on june 29th, but still no sign...
I think USPS "First-Class Package International Service" actually means "we've strapped it to a pigeon / mule / turtle" :) "

But, on the upside: gives me time to read up on ESC / APM / etc etc configuration :)

Kind regards,
Johan

Johan

LOL, so am I :)

Anyway I'm looking at a minimum of 12 Euro (about 15.7 dollars), that is what our local (TPG = Dutch USPS) charges for customs clearance.
Furthermore, I'll have to pay 21% VAT (taxes) of the value of the package (I sure hop that does not include the shipping costs ....)

My Bat bone frame left the US on june 29th, but still no sign...
I think USPS "First-Class Package International Service" actually means "we've strapped it to a pigeon / mule / turtle without GPS..." :)

But, on the upside: It gives me time to read up on ESC / APM / younameit configuration :)

Kind regards,
Johan

blinkerz

The charges soon add up, i think when i do get to finally order, il get a few spares as well.. Hopefully make all the extra charges more value for money.

Also if the delivery time is as long as it sounds, i wouldnt want to be waiting around weeks on end to get back in the air:)...

I cant see the main frame breaking unless very unlucky, but looking around on the forums and by the images of the motor mounts.. they seem the weak point for breaking first.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The charges soon add up, i think when i do get to finally order, il get a few spares as well.. Hopefully make all the extra charges more value for money.

Also if the delivery time is as long as it sounds, i wouldnt want to be waiting around weeks on end to get back in the air:)...

I cant see the main frame breaking unless very unlucky, but looking around on the forums and by the images of the motor mounts.. they seem the weak point for breaking first.

I've found that they are brittle if you hit a hard surface, but handle grass and mud very well. But I agree, the landing gear is the weak point of the entire system. I removed them on my quad (used them to replace broken pieces on my tricopter) and left just the motor mounts themselves.