Program yourself a throttle hold

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
I may be able to help if I know which radio you are using.
I had a Hitec with a dedicated button on the front for the throttle LOCK purpose. There is also a status sigh on the display telling you the status of the button. Press once and the throttle is in hold next time normal.
I am using a DX7 and a DX8 normally.
I am really missing the safety feature on the Hitec but wont trade it for the model match on the Spektrum.
Both features would have been the best.
lock.jpg

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I had a Hitec with a dedicated button on the front for the throttle LOCK purpose. There is also a status sigh on the display telling you the status of the button. Press once and the throttle is in hold next time normal.
I am using a DX7 and a DX8 normally.
I am really missing the safety feature on the Hitec but wont trade it for the model match on the Spektrum.
Both features would have been the best.
View attachment 2304

I use a DX8 and it's really easy to set the throttle hold. I use the mix 2 position switch and have it just set the throttle to the position I want.

mwm

Sticky throttle hold...

Those asking about the Turnigy: If you've got the er9x (or open9x, or ...) firmware, there's at least three ways to do set up a throttle hold. What's really cool is you can make it "sticky", so that the hold isn't released until the throttle is brought down to idle after you throw the switch. Not having your bird take off if you flip the throttle hold switch with the throttle up is also a nice feature!

Fjelltorsk

Here is the procedure for programming throttle hold in "acro" mode on spektrum computerized radios from dx7 and "up" seems dx61 is incapable to mix "throttle ->throttle" and thus dont have the ability to do this

Mix : Thro→Thro, Rate -100% -100%, SW:mix, offset: -125
this lets you use the same switch for throttle hold as in heli mode.

a quick way to make sure youre able to count to ten on your fingers in the future.

OrcaSea

Yes, the Turnigy 9X has a throttle cut/hold and I program it into all my models and always test it as soon as I connect a battery. I think it's called 'throttle hold' in the settings menu, just activate the switch and it's good to go.

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
On my DX6i I replaced the throttle hold momoentary switch with a two poistion switch from an old dead TX.

Once the throttle hold feature is activated for any given model, the switch will service to actually cut the throttle at zero and keep it there until the switch is thrown again like the OP is asking. Great peace of mind.

Full disclosure... modifying your TX will not only void the Warranty, but will also made sure that Horizon Hobby doesn't touch your TX for any reason in the future. Not for the faint of heart or devoid of mechanical ability. If you wreck your toys, it's not my fault. :)