PROJECT - Rewinding a DT750

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Andre you might try to scavenge degaussing coils from old CRT's or TV picture tubes. They have some pretty decent wire. Usually about 22ga.

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Andre you might try to scavenge degaussing coils from old CRT's or TV picture tubes. They have some pretty decent wire. Usually about 22ga.

Thurmond

Well, I need 34 x 8 strands... I want to be sure about the gauge.

Tritium

I "think" 4 in hand of 22ga would be roughly equal to 8 in hand of 34. (I haven't done any wire calcs for a while so I may be wrong.)

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I "think" 4 in hand of 22ga would be roughly equal to 8 in hand of 34. (I haven't done any wire calcs for a while so I may be wrong.)

Thurmond

Well, I'd like the motor to have the same performance and Kv as before - so I want to be sure :D

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
The weight of that roll is only half a pound. But the whole motor weighs like 3 ounces, so I don't think it would be that much wire needed. Except if I have to do it again :p

Tritium

The weight of that roll is only half a pound. But the whole motor weighs like 3 ounces, so I don't think it would be that much wire needed. Except if I have to do it again :p

1/2 pound of wire but shipping materials weigh something as well so I estimated and did not state myself well.

Thurmond