Prop and Slot "Jets"

jross

Been watching videos of these planes. F22, Mini Vector, Alpha-Bravo-Charlie. Flight characteristics look really cool. I have an unused B power pack and considering the F22 but would pull the F pack off my KFM wing for the others. They look like a lot of fun.

Any suggestions on which one you'd build? Your experience/preference if you've built one or more of them?

Paracodespoder

Elite member
I am planning on doing a mighty-mini f-22 in the near future.
I did build the bravo, and a word of advice I offer to you (and anyone else) is this, be sure to reinforce the entire length of the pushrod with a thin straw. I reinforced mine with just a couple zip-ties and planted it in the dirt after flying for only about 2 minutes due to very “mushy” up elevator (pushrod was bending and barely moving the control surfaces in flight).
Or you could just put the servos on top of the wing.

w1lp33

I've build a bunch of the f22s and I love them. They're easy to build, easy to fly, and look sweet in the air :)

jaredstrees

I've had good success with the f-22's as well. She was quicker than I expected and lawn darted her shortly into her maiden flight. Picked her up, straightened the nose and off she went again. I was more prepared the second time and had much better luck. I have not tried the others, but I would imagine they are all flight worthy.

kilroy07

Legendary member
The F-22 is quick! A lot of fun till the nose comes off...

I've looked at the A,B,C as well but have not tried them yet... Look like really solid builds.

jross

And some day it might get above -30C to maiden it!
Gotta admit. My stoke definitely declines rapidly below -10. We've had a foot of fresh snow in the last two days but temp is up to about -4. Soft landings but easy to lose a plane till spring in the snow. Thinking the Explorer for tomorrow as it should be easy to find if necessary. Practice my snow take offs and landings and see it I can get it to fly with the 3500s I found. Love flying it off the snow.

Headbang

Master member
For the last 2 weeks we have been in the -47C to -30C. No flying to be had. Spent more time running around boosting people then anything. No work happening either in this weather, so lots of time to build!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
70f here. (I know, it's horrible cold! :cool:) High winds for me, but I'd be willing to take on mayan if I wasn't working today. :) Sunday. My next day off. Still more stuff with the frackin' car, but hopefully my son can take care of it on Saturday, and I'll be able to fly on Sunday. 70% chance of rain. We'll see.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I like the slot prop concept. Have only flown the Mini F-22, but it was quite nimble and looks really cool in the air.

jross

For the last 2 weeks we have been in the -47C to -30C.
Most of my family live in Alberta. When they say it's cold, it's a whole different thing than when I say it's cold. We haven't been much below -10 here but we still like to complain about it. Mostly we've been getting dumped on. Snow removal has been a constant task.

whackflyer

Master member
I’ve built both the f-22 and the bravo. The F-22 is a bit faster and doesn’t look as good, though I think it’s a bit more nimble and easier to build. On the bravo I just hacked the fins apart at the top where there’s a score line for a bevel and made the fins vertical instead of A shaped. It flies really nice.

drleviolive

Ya the F22 is a quick and easy build. The A,B,C are a bit more involved. BUT they fly pretty much the same. The B Power Pack will work fine, I used the B and it flies great! I had to modify the Prop slot a bit to fit the larger prop but it was definitely worth it!

HAVE FUN. Happy flying... When the weather clears LOL

Headbang

Master member
For a Canadian, I'm such a wuss. I'd be whimpering like a baby if it was -20 here. Part of the reason I love the Kootenays. A nice mix of coastal and interior weather.
Lol I am pretty sick of the cold right now. I have managed to get out at least once every month tho. After so much -30 in February, -15 feels pretty warm lol

Basically going from -30 to plus 4 in a few days. Should be sloppy but shorts and tshirt weather next week.